GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '09 Acadia without the auto-climate control. Purchased in late October, so this is our first Wisconsin winter with it. My wife and I have noticed that the rear windows really tend to fog up fast/excessively whenever anyone is sitting in the back when the temperature is 30 degrees or below. Then when we park car for say an hour long dinner, we'll come out to the vehichle, and back windows will be basically frosted on the inside with some frosting also occurring on the front side windows and windshield. The defroster does work when car is running. (Warm air blows out and eventually will clear windshield and front side windows. But it is very difficult to get the rear windows cleared with the ceiling vents that work off of the rear blower.) We've had blazers/envoy/torrent type vehichles before and have not had anywhere near this type of problem in the past winters.

Our first thought was moisture must be getting inside vehichle, but no leaks are obvious from windows/doors. Carpet does not appear to be overly saturated besides the usual from wintery shoes on floor mats.

Took vehichle to dealer and had them "look things over" and they couldn't find any obvious problems.

Anyone having similar problems out there? Any suggestions on what the problem might be if there is one?

Love the vehichle with this one exception.......

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
You could always buy Rain X anti fog and give it a try. Realize that inside the vehicle with rear passengers is warmer than the outside temperature so fogging is an issue. I don't think there is anything wrong, but I would try the Rain X first to see what happens

·
Registered
1 Posts
I live in NC and have the same issue w/ windows fogging up excessively. I have an 08 SLT w/ auto climate control and find it very difficult to defog the windows when it is raining or the humidity is very high. I drove a 09 loaner SLE for over 2 months without auto climate control and it did the same thing. I am also having trouble with the temp control. The other night when the windows were extremely fogged up I had the defrost on 72, for a few minutes it would be so hot u couldn't stand it and then a few minutes later it would b very cold. I questioned the dealer and they said I didn't know how to operate the auto control.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try runnning it with the A/C on. Many people don't understand that an air conditioner removes a lot of moisture from the air. I always run with the A/C on when I'm defogging...even with the heat turned up. For some reason people tend to think A/C means "cold". Not so.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Warthog said:
Try runnning it with the A/C on. Many people don't understand that an air conditioner removes a lot of moisture from the air. I always run with the A/C on when I'm defogging...even with the heat turned up. For some reason people tend to think A/C means "cold". Not so.
If you are using the front window defroster, I had read that the a/c comes on for the exact reason that you posted, to 'dry" the air out a little.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
anyone ever try shaving foam on their bathroom glass? I understand it helps keep fog from forming on the bathroom mirrors.
Maybe this can work on your inside auto glass.

·
Registered
143 Posts
rbarrios said:
anyone ever try shaving foam on their bathroom glass? I understand it helps keep fog from forming on the bathroom mirrors.
Maybe this can work on your inside auto glass.
It works for the fog, it's just really hard to see through foam. Maybe if you try a clear foam. :beer:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Warthog said:
Also, make sure the system is not stuck in the re-circulate mode, need to be drawing outside air to help get rid of the moisture. It shouldn't be able to re-circulate the air in any mode other than when air is coming out the upper vents with the full automatic system. Not sure how that works with the non auto systems. Running the AC in these situations is a must.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts