GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have the Weathertech In-channel Window Visors, I just ordered mine since they finally came out with the dark rather then smoked version...
If anyone has any reviews or comments on thier set, would be much obliged...
C

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I have the GM adhesive ones. I love them. What are the advantages of in-channel?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Any pictures?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have previously had the adhesive ones on other vehicles I have owned and came to realize that after about a good year, the glue just does not stick and they fall off, especially after a few good winters, the in-channels are basiclly maintanence free. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
cway89 said:
I have previously had the adhesive ones on other vehicles I have owned and came to realize that after about a good year, the glue just does not stick and they fall off, especially after a few good winters, the in-channels are basiclly maintanence free. :thumb:
I have had ventvisor adhesive ones on my
89 blazer
95 grand am
2001 grand am
2004 envoy xuv
And now the GM ones on the Acadia

And have only had a problem with the 01 grand am one coming off on the passenger side. A little 3m auto double stick tape (the good gray stuff) and presto, back to normal.
I guess everyone has a preference, but i have had very little problems, and prefer the adhesive ones.

Here is a photo of the GM Adhesive Vent Visors on a Carbon Black.

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Here is a link to some pics of mine, I have had for over a year and through the winter and no problems - have adhesive ones on past vehicles and had no problems with them falling off (had my dog break one with her head when she was out the window and I hit a bump - the visor got the worse of it, the dog was OK but I never opened the window that wide again : ;D).

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=992.0

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics of my New Ventshades in-channel version as opposed to the stick on ones, I donk think anyone can disagree that the in-channel version looks much cleaner and sleeker looking then the old stickies.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
cway89;
did yours come out just as easy as mines did... I just received mines and to make my story short, after I put the front ones on, my 2 year old daughter took the front passenger side out :eek:, so I couldn't believe it and I tried to pull the driver side out and guess what... yeah they where easy to take out... (I thought my daughter had a special gift for a second...) ;D.... Now my question is where did you inserted the vent... I suspect is the #2 csuse I tried #1 and it was hell and didn't hold up that good anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really,
The front ones are in pretty solid. The rears would be the only ones i'd be concerned about but they seem to be on pretty good with the little bit of adhesive they come with.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ok, so finally after all, I decided to put my weathertech ones, a little disappointed on the back ones but I could always buy the the taped ones if any problems, basically I didn't like the way the fitted in the back, maybe is just mines, I'll leave them and if it grows with time I'll just take them off and get the stick-ons... See my last two pics to understand what I'm talking about. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Cangryman,
Sorry I did not notice the question about the install, I used the #2 install and i can see what you mean about the rears, I dont think mine is as bad a fit as the pictures you show, I Know that if you leave them installed for a day of so in the sun without opening the windows, they really mold well to the channel, I will check my rear windows tomorrow and give you an update.
C

1 - 13 of 13 Posts