GMC Acadia Forum banner

Window Vent Visors (with pics)

11K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  GerryL 
#1 ·
Over the weekend I was able to install a set of Genuine GM Window Vent Visors, they really blend into the vehicle well and they look good :thumb:. I did not notice any additional wind noise on my drive to work but I only drive 8 miles and no more than 50 mph. Anyway since this thread means nothing without pictures here are a few.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice ride! Those visors just moved to the top of my list. Are they the standard foam tape with alcohol swab application?

#4 ·
pete7919 said:
Nice ride! Those visors just moved to the top of my list. Are they the standard foam tape with alcohol swab application?
Yes, they were fairly easy to install, there was also a special activator liquid that had to be applied prior to installing the vents, this is to make the adhesive adhere better. In addition to the alcohol wipes I used a wax remover to make sure that these would adhere well.

#6 ·
#7 ·
Just saw a set on Ebay as well. $75.00 + $12.95 shipping. They called them OEM Genuine GM Parts, so I would assume they are the exact same thing.

#11 ·
The only issue I had with these on my Yukon was after a couple years, they just wouldn't stick. I liked keeping the rain and snow off the inside of my door if I cracked the window, but after re-double-sided taping them a few times...it got annoying. :banghead: I think I'll go without for a while.

#12 ·
Cravenfan said:
The only issue I had with these on my Yukon was after a couple years, they just wouldn't stick. I liked keeping the rain and snow off the inside of my door if I cracked the window, but after re-double-sided taping them a few times...it got annoying. :banghead: I think I'll go without for a while.
That would bother me to, this kit came with a special activator for the adhesive and I alway remove all wax from the parts the visor touches prior to applying. I have has a set on my Suburban for 3 years and no problems with coming off. I can pull on the Acadia visors with a lot of pressure and I do not think they will come off to easily.

#13 ·
Here they are on a Blue Gold Metallic. Installed just like Johnway said. We've put vent visors and bug deflectors on everything we've owned since we first could get them. Here in Florida it's great for "cracking" your windows when you park in the sun, it might be raining when you come back out. I find the sunroof in the vent open position also helps keep the car cool when parked, but would leak for sure in the rain. We're still waiting on the bug deflector (lovebugs in Florida makes that a real necessity) parts dept says factory will have them available any day now. Were your visors made in Australia?

Attachments

#15 ·
BigGuy said:
Anyone out there put these on a carbon metallic?
I know this is an old thread, but thought I would include this given the question posted.
Here is a photo of the GM Adhesive Vent Visors.

Attachments

#16 ·
Here are some pics of my New Ventshades in-channel version as opposed to the stick on ones, I donk think anyone can disagree that the in-channel version looks much cleaner and sleeker looking then the old stickies.

Attachments

#17 ·
Cool! How are they held on, where did you get them, how much do they cost, who will be our next president?

#19 ·
Forgive my ignorance, but what do these actually do? I noted that some one mentioned that there is no additional noice with these installed so I gather they don't reduce noise when you want a little fresh air. Are they functional or just for looks?

#20 ·
Purpose is simple, when its raining like cats and dogs, and you want to crack open the window, these let you do so with out soaking the sleeve of your shirt, and they look pretty **** cool too.

:thumb:

#21 ·
Ah yes, rain, I guess i forgot about that. We don't get much of that here in the southwest so I wasn't thinking. I was hoping for something that would reduce the windnoise a bit when the window is cracked, but I'll have to keep looking on that.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.