GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I ordered an Acadia last week and I have been researching what I will do when it gets here. I am aware that the rear windows come with tinted glass. Has anyone had the front windows tinted? What percent tint did you use? I want to match teh rears as close as possible. Most of her previous cars had 18-20% tint on them. I am thinking that a 30-32% is probably closest to factory.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the front windows come with a very light tint. I too will be tinting them. Probably 20%, but I'll see how each compare to the rears. I would also like to have them match as closely as possible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Had my tinted over the weekend and they look very close to factory. They used a tint film from LLumar at 35%. I believe the factory is just a shade darker, but this is the darkest I could go to keep it legal here in Indiana.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you have the nav/gps. I have read that metallic tints may affect this. I have always tinted all the windows on my vehicles and would love to do the same with the Acadia. I usually limo the back and sides, lighter on the driver and passanger's side and lighter on the front.

·
Registered
492 Posts
gravitygod said:
Do you have the nav/gps. I have read that metallic tints may affect this. I have always tinted all the windows on my vehicles and would love to do the same with the Acadia. I usually limo the back and sides, lighter on the driver and passanger's side and lighter on the front.
I have yet to hear anyone have a problem with the nav. Isn't the antenna outside?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have NAV so I can't speak to the issues with reception. I did see from this post: http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=2700.0 (about 14 pictures down) the location of the GPS antenna seems to be in the dash below the windshield.

I had my fronts tinted at the legal Texas limit - 25% I think. They aren't quite as dark as factory but do match well. With the rear visibility and using mirrors at night, I don't think I would want much darker.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've got 15% on fronts which on this material matches sides and back. No GPS issues.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it comes w/ 20% on the back and rear windows. My husband took mine to get them tinted and got another layer of 20% on the main back (which gave it an all around darker look) and 20% on the two front sides that weren't tinted, along with the front strip. I would've rather had it darker, but this way its legal, however I do intend on getting the front windsheild tinted all the way down w/ 30 or 35%. I think it looks great on SUVs

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wonder if they actually have different tint in different areas. Mine stock tint on the back is just a hair darker than the 15% on the fronts. It's really hard to tell he difference but we did notice it in the brightly lit shop. We were guessing it was around 12%. That's a good idea about adding another layer of 20 on the back. My wife has 5% on the back 3 and I really like it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rod S said:
I've got 15% on fronts which on this material matches sides and back. No GPS issues.
Was that just the side front windows or did that include the windshield too?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not the front windshield just the front two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts