GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed wind noise from the passanger front window at speeds above 65mph? It sound just like the window is cracked down a bit.....but it's not. My dealer said they also here it but they claim all Acadia's do it and it's caused by the design of the mirror. The drivers side mirror looks exactly like the passengers and it's quite. So I went to a second dealer, they claim they can't hear anything. They also stated they only went up to 55mph, which does not produce the sound. They also didn't offer to try again or go for a ride with me.....basicly I'm thinking I didn't buy it there so they don't realy care.

I did find a gap between the black plastic and the door where the mirror molding meets on the passenger side. The drivers side does not have this gap...it's tight. I tried taping the gap over but it still made the noise.....but this could be a bad spot for water to get into the door.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was going to suggest you try tightening the mirror to the body better, but you beat me to it by stating you already tried it. Maybe as another quick test you could put some masking tape (or duct tape...but don't want you to have any gooey residual left over), over the gap and see if by sealing it up a bit more that that helps. If so I'd say take it back to the dealer you bought it from and tell them it is not like that on all Acadia's. If the noise was normal you'd hear it from both sides, not just one. I do hear wind noise, but not like you describe and the mirror gap sound suspicious. If they insist that all Acadia's do it, ask to take another one from the lot out for a spin to compare? Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Wind Noise UPDATE

After taping up the entire passenger door and window, I figured out the wind noise was coming from the front sunroof. I pointed this out to the service writer and he stated that the Acaidia's have an air turbulance issue causeing wind noise. Hmmmm, I applied thin foam weather stripping to the front side of the sunroof edge where it meeted the metal and the noise is gone.....will share with the dealership next service.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Well glad to hear you were able to figure it out!! Good luck with the dealer in fixing it. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts