GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Generally i have the windows up but today the kids wanted their's down and it was a lovely coastal drive, however...our eardrums almost exploded when I lowered their rear windows. It was even worse with only 1 rear window down. The pulsing reverb was worse than being in a german disco.

I assume this is caused by the shape of the body panels or the interior styling?? I don't expect it's 'fixable' but wonder if anyone else has noticed it?

I apologize if it's been discussed already, I read the Recall/TSB thread pretty thoroughly but only saw a service bulletin mention it but no fix and nothing further.

·
Registered
542 Posts
It has been discussed before. It actually happens in alot of cars. It is especially noticable in this one though. A cure is to open a window on the opposite side of the car as well. Does not eliminate the feeling but probably reduces it by 80%.

·
Registered
339 Posts
We have an 05 Toyota Avalon that has the same behavior. If we open one or both of the rear windows, you feel like your head is going to explode. We have to at least crack one of the front windows to stop it. We just ordered our Acadia this weekend, so I can't speak to any experience with it yet.

Regards,
k

·
Registered
2 Posts
My Envoy had the same issue. There wasn't much I could do other than a careful selection of which windows are open.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Every car I have owned since the late 1990s has had this same "feature". It must be the way the cars are now made with lower wind resistance or something.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have experienced this in other vehicles also. The easy fix that seems to work well is to open the sunroof a bit and any other window of your choice, this allows the air to move easily in and out of the vehicle without the noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 2017 Acadia Denali, 1k miles. The buffeting is so loud you can physically feel it!!! With very little wind blowing outside, the buffeting actually causes ear pain!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK OR ADVICE IF THERE'S A CLASS ACTION SUIT I CAN JOIN.

This is painful at times, embarrassing with guest passengers, and intolerable, especially for a $50k automobile!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts