• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
racefla,

Looks great--however, it won't pass Virginia State Inspection--so it's a no for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My dealer acted like with a lease, I might be better off when it comes time to turn it in, if I don't tint the windows. This is my first time leasing - does that make sense??

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
002 said:
racefla,

Looks great--however, it won't pass Virginia State Inspection--so it's a no for me.

Wouldn't pass Utah, either. Besides, mine is a work vehicle. I'm not permitted to do much in the way of mods.

Kelly

·
Registered
307 Posts
Tinted windows aren't my style. Too masculine. Besides, I want to be seen in my hot, new car! :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
You are talking about just the front windows right?

Racefla - do you mind telling us what you paid to have that done?

·
Registered
132 Posts
i'm having my front windows tinted thru the dealer; i think the charge was $109. they will not be as dark as the factory tint on the 2nd and 3rd row due to texas law.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BigGuy said:
You are talking about just the front windows right?

Racefla - do you mind telling us what you paid to have that done?
Yes just the driver/ pass + small strip on the top of windshield. It's a must with the hot sun in Florida.

$100. The guy has tinted all my cars the last 20 years. Lifetime garantee. Only had to redo 1 car after 5 years.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just had mine done last week---20% w/ a strip on the front, matches the rest of the truck nicely........Just don't tell any cops here in GA ;D

·
Registered
156 Posts
According to page 53 of the Navigation System book, after-market glass tinting your windows may cause problems that will not be covered by the warranty.

From page 53;

"Notice: Do not apply after-market glass tinting to the vehicle’s windows. Glass tinting will interfere with the system’s ability to receive GPS signals and cause the system to malfunction. You might have to replace the window to correct the problem. This would not be covered by your warranty."

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
MrBiz said:
According to page 53 of the Navigation System book, after-market glass tinting your windows may cause problems that will not be covered by the warranty.

From page 53;

"Notice: Do not apply after-market glass tinting to the vehicle’s windows. Glass tinting will interfere with the system’s ability to receive GPS signals and cause the system to malfunction. You might have to replace the window to correct the problem. This would not be covered by your warranty."
I had concerns about that. No harm done. 150 mile round trip the wife took today had no NAV problems.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Not my style, and besides I don't think it would pass muster here in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. Depending on where you go for your annual vehicle inspection, they'll pull out a measuring device to check on the level of tint on the windows. They'll fail you if it's too dark on the driver's side window.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You know I don't know, didn't ask. This guy has always done the legal %.

They match well fron the outside, but are darker looking out than the rear.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks GREAT Racefla! I got my Carbon Metallic SLT-2 last Saturday and already have an appointment with my tint shop for Friday morning. With you picture I don't have to wait to see what mine will look like.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts