GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any GM insiders that know if there is a true 4WD version of the Acadia coming that could be used off-road? I like the size and styling more than other SUVs, plus it is towable behind my RV, but I really need the ability to answer the call of pig trails I encounter on my travels...

·
Registered
284 Posts
No, it's not a design ever meant for such compatibility.

The transverse engine, unibody, FWD standard layout are all meant for automatic AWD only. Lockable, switchable 4WD is intended for the larger, heavier BOF trucks and SUV's only.

·
Registered
812 Posts
caddycruiser said:

The transverse engine, unibody, FWD standard layout are all meant for automatic AWD only. Lockable, switchable 4WD is intended for the larger, heavier BOF trucks and SUV's only.
i wish it had that option. The 07 Mitsu Outlander can be locked from AWD to 4WD with just a turn of the dial.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your gonna want to get a Taho/Yukon if that is your needs...

·
Registered
284 Posts
SioXie said:
caddycruiser said:

i wish it had that option. The 07 Mitsu Outlander can be locked from AWD to 4WD with just a turn of the dial.
That is true, there are a few. But in the case of the Lamdas and many others, it would be a notable design change to include a system that was lockable, switchable, etc. vs. the standard all automatic variety it is now. Mainly because few honestly look for that in the crossover (or even the full-size SUV market) based on their uses, and it adds extra complexity. Not a lot, but full automatic it is, and that's what it will stay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SEL said:
Your gonna want to get a Taho/Yukon if that is your needs...
The Tahoe/Yukon is too large/devoid of styling for me. Considering the Envoy, though it's no head-turner either.

·
Registered
234 Posts
TrailBlazer/Envoy only have 2 years of production left so beware of the significant drop in resale value over the next 24 months on these vehicles. I do like my current Envoy though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts