GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about ready to order a 2009 Acadia but it won't be delivered by the end of the month, thus missing out on the GMS pricing.

What would happen if I negotiate a price with the dealer within the next few days and then GMC announces a rebate starting Oct. 1st? I'll most likely receive my vehicle some time in mid to late October so am I going to miss out on that deal?

The dealer said something about '...........when I get the VIN number, I can put that day's date on it and might be able to get you whatever rebates or incentives are available'. If that's the case, then would they give me, let's say $2,000 or $3,000 (whatever the rebate is) off of the price that we negotiated?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I can't say for sure.

But If you negotiate a price now based on the GMS pricing going on, order the vehicle and it shows up and there is a Rebate going on, you will get either or not both. You will most likely not be able to get the negotiated GMS price plus the rebate. Now they may, ignore the negotiated GMS price, give you a price slightly over invoice and then apply the rebate.
Some have speculated that  GM may continue the GMS price another 30 days, but there is no guarantee.

Best advice, negotiate a price between GMS and Invoice, hope for the best and maybe they will give you the rebate if there is one. If the vehicle comes in and they extended GMS, then you will be able to get GMS.

Good luck keep us updated on your progress.

Go ahead and update your profile too, Some of us maybe able to recommend a dealer based on where you live that may be good for you.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Well Canada didn't get the GMS pricing incentive that the US did but I can tell you what our new incentives are up here. GM is getting out of the longer term low interest rate purchases as they did with leasing. So now the incentive is for GM to offer you a 5500 dollar cash credit (ie downpayment) on your new Acadia if you finance the vehicle from another source other than GMAC this is said to help offset the cost of borrowing on a longer term deal. We have GM employee pricing onours thanks Grandma and Grandpa for working for GM for soo soo many years. I can then take this deal along with the employee price I recieved and search for another finacing company that will give me a longer term. We are not going to bother as we signed our deal with the 2.9% 72 month terms when we ordered the truck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The dealer is correct. Once you have a VIN for your actual vehicle, they can "lock in the deal" for whatever incentives are available at the time. However, the GMS offer also states something about taking delivery of the vehicle by a certain date. So, hope for the best, and let us know how you make out.

Smooth <><[/color]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts