GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 Acadia Denali. Dealer just replaced hmi module and radio cable and now I have all WiFi restored. Now, I have no apps that I had pre service. I cannot access “shop” to get to my apps. I can get them in my GM app on iPhone but that won’t transfer to vehicle. Additionally, I “had” XM Travel Link pre service and that is no where to be found as well. Spoke to OnStar and XM and they have no clue. I’m headed back to dealer in a few days but just wondered if anyone had any ideas. Thanx. Be safe....

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
Seems as though someone might have missed a step in installation of the new HMI module. :unsure: Try restoring system defaults and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
Do you mean restore to factory settings?
Yes. You probably lost all (or most) of your personalization settings with the new module any way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool beans. I can’t hurt anything by doing that correct? Just have to re enter radios stations, Bluetooth, WiFi stuff, settings? Sorry for all the questions but just making sure... Very much appreciated...

·
Super Moderator
21,708 Posts
Shouldn't 'hurt' a thing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to let you know o trued the reset and didn’t loose much but the issue remained. Just picked it up from the dealer few hours ago who conclude it is definitely an OnStat issue!!! My dealer advised they contacted OnStar and their techs are on the issue! Guess I’ll be cancelling OnStat!!! LOL. Hate technology. Thank for all your help. PS. If u have any other ideas!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BTW, did the factory reset, changed my personal settings like the seat location, comfort and convenience stuff. not a thing with radio stations, screens, NOTHING!!! and as a follow up, now Onstar says its a dealer issue, like what u said earlier, programming. Friend of mine is service manager at another GMC dealer, Have message into him. Thanx again for your assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts