GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 2900 miles in, and my wife's Acadia gets egged. No reason, she claims, and she's not the type to road rage.... Piss me off, at least $500.00 in damage. :uzi:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
biggs4040 said:
at least $500.00 in damage. :uzi:
From eggs? Really? Huh. I guess I never realized they could be so harmful. That sucks. :(

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
There are knuckleheads everywhere, just like the "A" being stolen in Texas. At least it wasn't rocks or a more damaging object.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Worst part, they missed the rear license plate by 1". That would have been so much nicer...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll take a picture when there is a nice day out. They will have to paint the whole recessed area for the license plate, that's if they are good blenders. If they can't, they will need to paint the whole lift gate. I hope they can blend it well. I'm also hoping my dealer will be good to me, and claim it as a paint defect, and paint it. This wouldn't be normal protocol, but my dealer is good to me. :deadhorse:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
3rd Timer said:
Web Raven said:
biggs4040 said:
From eggs? Really? Huh. I guess I never realized they could be so harmful. That sucks. :(
Yes, they do serious damage to paint.
Yeah, that's what my b/f told me yesterday when I asked him what damage eggs could do to a vehicle. That's a bummer.

Great, I see that biggs has the red jewel too, so the egg shells probably even chipped the paint. At least, that's how fragile this color seems sometimes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Web Raven said:
3rd Timer said:
Web Raven said:
biggs4040 said:
Yes, they do serious damage to paint.
Yeah, that's what my b/f told me yesterday when I asked him what damage eggs could do to a vehicle. That's a bummer.

Great, I see that biggs has the red jewel too, so the egg shells probably even chipped the paint. At least, that's how fragile this color seems sometimes.
The color, is how I'm hoping to get the fix done under warranty. I'll let you all know Wednesday or Thursday, as I hope to get to the dealer Wed.

·
Registered
540 Posts
You would be suprised how much damage an egg shell can do to the paint. It is usually multiple chips at the impact area. It doesn't matter what paint you have ,it will damage it. The Red Jewel tint coat and Diamond white are multiple coat paints so I don't know if it would cause more damage but definately cost more to repaint. Usually halloween is the only time I see eggs being thrown. Someones calendar must be off.

Bobby

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
biggs4040 said:
Well, 2900 miles in, and my wife's Acadia gets egged. No reason, she claims, and she's not the type to road rage.... Piss me off, at least $500.00 in damage. :uzi:
This kinda of vandalism completely disgusts me :angryfire: let me catch someone doing this and it's all over >:D

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
That sucks!! One of my son's friends had her car egged by some girls. It was one week old and was sitting in her driveway. They egged it and then put maple syrup on top. They did over $5000 worth of damage, the entire car needs to be repainted. They caught the girls that did it by using store cameras in Target. They are pressing charges and have a court date set. I guess these girls had hit a bunch of other cars and houses all over our neighborhood and his friend's parents thought they needed to learn a lesson. I hope their house doesn't burn, one of the girls is the daughter of our asst. fire chief!

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Well that's some justice for their adolescent behavior. Egging cars today can be very expensive

·
Registered
423 Posts
egg damage is a myth. unless it dimples the body. some punk kid kept egging my truck and i let it sit for a week one time during the hot aug. summer. pain to get off, but no damage. it was every where. must have been a whole dozen. shaving cream on the other hand is a different story. but egg is more of a headache than anything. finally that punk threw a cinder block thru my cab. that cost me money.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Schram said:
egg damage is a myth. unless it dimples the body. some punk kid kept egging my truck and i let it sit for a week one time during the hot aug. summer. pain to get off, but no damage. it was every where. must have been a whole dozen. shaving cream on the other hand is a different story. but egg is more of a headache than anything. finally that punk threw a cinder block thru my cab. that cost me money.
Maybe it was a different kind of paint, but I had a motorcycle egged and it ate the paint off the gas tank. :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
mckcab said:
That sucks!! One of my son's friends had her car egged by some girls. It was one week old and was sitting in her driveway. They egged it and then put maple syrup on top. They did over $5000 worth of damage, the entire car needs to be repainted. They caught the girls that did it by using store cameras in Target. They are pressing charges and have a court date set. I guess these girls had hit a bunch of other cars and houses all over our neighborhood and his friend's parents thought they needed to learn a lesson. I hope their house doesn't burn, one of the girls is the daughter of our asst. fire chief!
I hope politics does not play a factor in that, I'm all to familiar with the "Do you know who my father is?" crap. They need to be taught a lesson, and pay for all damages caused. Hopefully the Asst. Fire Chief and other parents make good money since if the girls are juveniles the parents are generally liable for any damages they cause.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Schram said:
Geez... what the heck did you do to that kid?

·
Registered
423 Posts
caught him slashing my tires and held him till the cops showed up. cant blame the kid too much, no father figure except for the step dad who beats him. the kid is a lot of trouble. tried to show as much love as possible...but there comes a time when enough is enough. lets hope when he is older he will appritiate it. the first welcoming present he gave me was a robbery, then my wife one.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Schram said:
caught him slashing my tires and held him till the cops showed up. cant blame the kid too much, no father figure except for the step dad who beats him. the kid is a lot of trouble. tried to show as much love as possible...but there comes a time when enough is enough. lets hope when he is older he will appreciate it. the first welcoming present he gave me was a robbery, then my wife one.
Tough love

1 - 20 of 45 Posts