GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiYa, all....
Finally got our new Acadia, (had to order it B-cause no 8-pass AWD SLT's avail in Chicagoland) but no biggie, got it delivered in 8 weeks, now has 1500 miles on it with no cam problems (knock knock) & doing 20mpg on the hwy (hope to get better) and really, really enjoying this vehicle! GM "finally" did their homework or finally listened to their customer base. Still getting used to the trans shifting somewhat ahead of its shiftpoint, seems like it shifts into 5th or 6th early & kinda feels like bogging down and you have to give it more pedal to up shift where it shoulda of stayed in 4th for a longer time. (hmmm) Maybe a trans flash in order? I dunno. Anyway,my questions: #1.The dual note horn sounds "out of tune", clashing notes a bit, surely nothing close to a Cadillac horn (lol) #2. I can't find the 10th Bose spkr, got 4 on each side of the interior w/the subwoofer in the dash, where is #10? #3. Rolled all door windows down half way to clean the upmost part & I was able to wiggle the glass side to side while in the tracks. (YIKES!) I left it & rolled them up! Anyone having these symptoms? Thanks for your feedback!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: Wierd sounding horn, where is the 10th Bose spkr.? & windows loose in tracks

It 10 speakers plus a sub woofer. So you have one set you can't find. There is one set (of tweeters I think) high up where it says side air bags. Also two under the dash besides the door ones and back cargo area ones.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Re: Wierd sounding horn, where is the 10th Bose spkr.? & windows loose in tracks....

#1 Horn: Not sure what the question is. Dual note?

#2 Speakers:
1 in each door = 4
1 on each side of the third row = 2
1 tweeter located in each A-pillar = 2
1 in top center of dash = 1
1 subwoofer located under and just forward of the shifter = 1
So 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 10 speakers (9 and a subwoofer)

#3 Glass: Movement of the glass is normal.

Enjoy your Lambda.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Re: Wierd sounding horn, where is the 10th Bose spkr.? & windows loose in tracks....

scotted73 said:
Horns are supposed to sound out of tune, that way they are annoying and you will notice them. The Dual note = Minor 3rds, example C and Eflat played to gether make a minor 3rd. That is the chord played when a horn is enguaged.

·
Registered
164 Posts

khansen30 said:
scotted73 said:
Horns are supposed to sound out of tune, that way they are annoying and you will notice them. The Dual note = Minor 3rds, example C and Eflat played to gether make a minor 3rd. That is the chord played when a horn is enguaged.
OK, I didn't realize "dual-note" was the term. I knew horns were designed to be noticed.

·
Registered
635 Posts

scotted73 said:
OK, I didn't realize "dual-note" was the term. I knew horns were designed to be noticed.
I don't think that dual-note is the correct term, it would just be chord. I don't think there is a scientific term for it except "sounds like a horn."

Here is what I don't get. We are driving a good sized machine, should have a loud horn. My wifes Aura has a louder horn than my Outlook, go figure.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: Wierd sounding horn, where is the 10th Bose spkr.? & windows loose in tracks

Maybe the smaller the car, the louder the horn ;D

·
Registered
812 Posts

Congrats 62Maxx! you finally nailed it eh!!! theres a current Trans calibration dated May 8th and discuss here in the forum. Do the search and check it out, might help..... :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Well, thanks for the info on my questions!

With the Bose cranked up, I really thought the sub was under the center dash with the speaker grille in the center. But if the sub is under the console, well that makes 10. As for the horn, (lol) wow, a dual note horn is "just that" two seperate horns that make a "dual" note, ie. a "chord" if you wish like some members mentioned. My 1998 Honda Accord has a "dual note" (two horns) that sounds better than the Cicada. So that was my question about the horn. Sometimes horns are not made correctly and when they are installed on the assembly line, you get what you get. No one mentioned about the windows being loose in the tracks, so I don't know. Thanks, anyway. :cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts

I ended up having the high-note horn replaced. It was marked as 500 Hz, and the low one was marked 400 Hz. This would be close to a "G" and "B natural" on the piano scale, which is a major third (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_key_frequencies). My upper one wasn't even close. Replacement made it much better sounding. By the way, they were both marked as "Made in China".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts