GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard this noise that sounds like a small electric motor running when I sit down in the vehicle (before I start it up and no key in the ignition). It appears to be coming from inside the dash right around where the HUD projector is. It doesn't happen all the time. Today it happened as I was sitting inside - I had turned on the accessory power with the key but did not start the engine. It goes for a few seconds and then stops.

Anyone know what this could be?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Do you have a disc in your CD/DVD player slot? Everytime I open a door aftert he vehicle has been sitting for a little while I here the disc spin up, just like a PC hard drive or CD slot spinning up. I think this is some sort of wake up procedure, it knows a doors was opened so it wakes up and the disc starts to spin. I do not have the HUD so I cannot comment about that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a CD in sometimes. I'll take it out and see what happens. I would kind of expect a CD drive to make more of a high pitched whine. This noise sounds like a small, slow running electric motor. Don't have a DVD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.