GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wouldn't suppose anyone here would know just how wide of a tire I can put on the Acadia AWD? I want to get aftermarket wheels and tires...no bling/bling 24's though, just some nice 19's or *MAYBE* 20's, but what I am more interested in is getting some real steamrollers for tires...ala Mercedes and BMW style.

I understand the plus 1 and plus 2 sizing(have done plus 2's on my last few cars), but never had much consideration to increasing the width. This would no doubt involve different backspacing on the rim itself so the whole combo doesn't extend out past the wheel well.

Any ideas? Suppose when I actually recieve my Acadia I can make a trip over to Discount Tire for some measurements...

·
Registered
487 Posts
Your tire/wheel supplier should be able to tell you what you can fit and if he/she can't go to a different store. We have a place in Denver called Performance Wheel and Tire and they can take measurements and tell you what will fit, so I would suggest finding a place like that. That way if they do rub you can take them back and say hey you fit them on there you fix it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Most of the tire guides say 9.5", but i saw one tire guide that said 10" was ok. I'm going with 22" x 9.5"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts