GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking at the ad for the Enclave in this month's Car and Driver. The awd version is listed 16/22. Is the drivetrain any different or the general overall weight much different than Acadia?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Different epa testing. The Enclave is a 2008 model and is using the new epa testing. The Acadia is 2007
and is using the old epa test numbers. When the 2008 Acadia is officially released, it will have the same
numbers as the Enclave.

·
Registered
123 Posts
linuxtwit said:
Different epa testing. The Enclave is a 2008 model and is using the new epa testing. The Acadia is 2007
and is using the old epa test numbers. When the 2008 Acadia is officially released, it will have the same
numbers as the Enclave.
BINGO :ditto:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
linuxtwit said:
numbers as the Enclave.
Thanks, I knew that HP test methods had changed in recent years but did not realize that fuel economy measuring had changed recently also.

·
Registered
284 Posts
GerryL said:
linuxtwit said:
numbers as the Enclave.
Thanks, I knew that HP test methods had changed in recent years but did not realize that fuel economy measuring had changed recently also.
Yes, finally rather than the grandma driving test with no A/C and barely highway speeds, they've implemented much more realistic testing practices--so for 2008, all car's numbers will be dropping, but will also be much closer to what they really get.

You can see the Acadia's new 16/24 rating as well, right here:
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/findacar.htm

·
Registered
151 Posts
Doesn't the Enclave weigh more as well? With different panels and their quite tuning, I think it may be heavier, thus a bit less on the MPG ratings.

Ryan

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Enclave does weigh more than the Acadia or the Outlook. There's been talk about a V-8 option in 09 but that may be speculation.

·
Registered
208 Posts
All,

One thing that's obvious is this vehicle is heavy...so to me the gas mileage is pretty good considering all that weight and the 5-star safety rating. Plus looking at the pictures they suspension components seem robust. Glad GM didn't cheapen out on the chassis.

·
Registered
6,695 Posts
:ditto:

·
Registered
264 Posts
I agree it is a very well built vechile even on the heavy side but it should come out better in an accident(god forbid). With the weight it carries it does a good job with the mileage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts