GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that a lot of people have been torn between buying an Acadia or Enclave. There are also some people that have posted that they wish they would have waited for the Enclave to arrive because they like it better than the Acadia.

Just curious why people on this board chose the Acadia over the Enclave. I really hope I don't regret my decision but I guess that's one advantage of a 3 year lease -- I can always switch then.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the Acadia better because the wood makes the Enclave look old and dated. It would be perfect for my grandma though. I like the modern finishes in the Acadia.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I too do not like the wood grain interiors on any cars. I like the more contemporary interior in the GMC.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Agreed--the primary reason for my decision was the woodgrain. I also like the Acadia's exterior style better than the Enclave--the Acadia looks more like an SUV, while the Enclave looks more like a station wagon (my opinion).

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I really like hearing these discussions about how different the Enclave and Acadia are. Before the Lambdas hit the showrooms GM was criticized a bit for making two of them that would be sold at the same dealer as most of the dealerships are now GMC/Buick/Pontiac. But I think that criticism was just wrong as the two cars are different enough that I don't see them be a redundant product for these dealerships at all. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
A-Rod said:
I like the Acadia better because the wood makes the Enclave look old and dated. It would be perfect for my grandma though. I like the modern finishes in the Acadia.
For those of us who bought an Enclave(many in their 30's), the interior design was a BIG factor in selecting the Enclave.
(just a comment from the other side)

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
a. The Enclave wasn't out at the time I purchased my Acadia.

b. Even if it was, I don't really care for the exterior styling of the Enclave. It's smallish and looks like an alien from the rear-end. The front-end doesn't do much for me either. The Acadia is sportier, more truck-like.

c. I also don't much care for the interior woodgrain on the Enclave.

d. I knew that I'd be hauling around my cattle dogs once in a while... the Enclave seems to be more of a small, sparkly collared, poofy-type dog vehicle whereas the Acadia is more of a big-dog, shed everywhere, drool on the seats type dog vehicle. ;D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
MRBUICK said:
A-Rod said:
For those of us who bought an Enclave(many in their 30's), the interior design was a BIG factor in selecting the Enclave.
(just a comment from the other side)
That is what is so cool about what GM did. They actually hit two totally different tastes with these two cars. Both are excellent cars, share the same platform and parts, and yet are totally different in many ways.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I agree that it is good that GM is hitting a home run with the two distinct styles of these vehicles. I did not choose the Enclave beacuse of the exterior styling, don't get me wrong I do like the way the Enclave looks I just liked the Acadia better. That and the fact that it didn't have the HUD was the main driving factor.

I do like the extra warrenty that you get.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I chose the Acadia because of the exterior styling. I like its more truck-like appearance, plus I did not like the style of the rear liftgate/window of the Enclave. I guees I might call the Acadia's style a little more aggressive and the Enclave's style a bit smoother. A two run home run for GM. (In my opinion).

·
Registered
662 Posts
Oops, you're right... I forgot about the Outlook!

·
Registered
44 Posts
tm59 said:
I chose the Acadia because of the exterior styling. I like its more truck-like appearance, plus I did not like the style of the rear liftgate/window of the Enclave. I guees I might call the Acadia's style a little more aggressive and the Enclave's style a bit smoother. A two run home run for GM. (In my opinion).
The Enclave is my 4th Buick, but first "truck". I for one did NOT want the trucky look.
The Acadia and Enclave are both great vehicles, and show that the future for GM is bright. :thumb:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I chose the Acadia for the interior and exterior styling. I think the Enclave is lovely but not for me. It is cool that they have both vehicles to suit many differnt tastes. ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
I chose the Acadia because the exterior & interior styling suits me better. However, I would have really liked to have had the Enclave's leather seats.

·
Registered
32 Posts
xseler said:
I chose the Acadia because the exterior & interior styling suits me better. However, I would have really liked to have had the Enclave's leather seats.
Ditto for the better styling in my opinion. As I posted on another thread, I like the traditional style of the SUV... and the Enclave looks too stylish. Plus I was influenced by a review of a USA Today automotive editor who did not like all of the Enclave aspects. There are definitely some great things about it, however; especially the extra thick glass and heavier sound insulation package. And who can gripe about the better warranty?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I personally don't like the exterior styling of the Enclave, so I didn't even consider looking further into it. The exterior styling is what first got caught my eye with the Acadia and from there I investigated it further.

For me personally, the Enclave has a softer, almost minivan like styling to it and the Acadia has a more truck-like and masculine flavor to it. In my case, the Acadia has the styling I was looking for. I'm sure other people have other style tastes that would lead them in the opposite direction.

:cheers:

K

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Like kjf, the Enclave wasn't out yet, but I saw all three Lambdas nearly side-by-side at the DC Auto Show back in January, so I knew about all three and what they looked like before buying. I'm obviously in agreement with the vast majority of people here who prefer the Acadia's tougher, more aggressive styling to the Enclave's more elegant luxury styling. Like xseler, I do actually like the Enclave's (and Outlook's) Cashmere/Tan colored leather quite a bit though.

To me, the Enclave can look great at certain angles and downright goofy at others. If you asked that same question at enclaveforum.net you'll get exactly the same type of answers in favor of the other Lambda, I'm sure. And I agree that GM really nailed it on making these vehicles share DNA but have such different exterior and interior style to appeal to such a wide demographic.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts