GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have been lurking around for a while (since the Acadia came out) ;D

Finally our time has come (the GMS helped pushed my dates a lil' bit) and we are close to buying hence posting a few questions.
I have been trying to locate an SLT2 without Nav and Sunroof but I can't find one anywhere. I want the SLT2 for the cooled/heated seats. Before I found about this feature I was settling down on a SLT1. But now that I am looking for an SLT2 I can't find one without Sunroof and Nav system. It seems that the very few that are around my area have both of these options. So has anyone seen an SLT2 without Nav and Sunroof?
What are the chances I find one? Or in another way to ask will I ever find one? ???

It seems like if I want to take advantage of the GMS pricing I will have to bite thte bulllet and get an SLT2 with Nav + Sunroof.

I am not too shabby about forking 1K for the Nav system as it seems that is the premium I would pay for that feature. But having a Nav suystem fully integrated it as been growing on me. What does the Nav system get me that a TomTom, Magellan, etc for half the price would get me? Just the integration and aestethics? sp?
Also what about the sunroof? I read stories on the previous models having problems. I am assumming that by now GM suold have those issues ironed out and shuold not be a problem on the 2009's

Sorry about the long post but I have had these questions in my mind and want some input from fellow Acadia lovers before the promo ends.

Additionally about the advanced 2-way remote. If I find an Acadia I like that does not this feature would I still be able to get it from the dealer or is that only installed from the factory?

Thanks in advance. Now before I go to sleep I have to :beer:

:cheers:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Chop-Chop said:
Hi all,

I have been lurking around for a while (since the Acadia came out) ;D

Finally our time has come (the GMS helped pushed my dates a lil' bit) and we are close to buying hence posting a few questions.
I have been trying to locate an SLT2 without Nav and Sunroof but I can't find one anywhere. I want the SLT2 for the cooled/heated seats. Before I found about this feature I was settling down on a SLT1. But now that I am looking for an SLT2 I can't find one without Sunroof and Nav system. It seems that the very few that are around my area have both of these options. So has anyone seen an SLT2 without Nav and Sunroof?
What are the chances I find one? Or in another way to ask will I ever find one? ???
We wanted Nav and Sunroof on our SLT2, but had trouble finding a car without the 19" tires (nice and all, but IMHO, not worth an extra $1500), without the roof rack + Side Steps, etc (again, not worth the $1200, we only wanted the cross bars, which are about $180). Even when we found what we wanted, it had a center console:-( After some search, I decided I could live without HID (since I could install aftermarket anyways) and that, sigh, I could live without HUD, and found a car (actually two identical cars, different colors, at the same dealer.

I think you are going to have to be flexible.

BTW, I am pretty sure all SLT2s have a sunroof (the kind that could leak, although I haven't heard of any 2009 leaking), BUT, it is the "additional" sunroof (which doesn't open) that you are probably seeing on the SLT2 (which are not necessarily on all of them). That one, shouldn't ever leak, it doesn't open (I could be wrong).

Chop-Chop said:
It seems like if I want to take advantage of the GMS pricing I will have to bite thte bulllet and get an SLT2 with Nav + Sunroof.

I am not too shabby about forking 1K for the Nav system as it seems that is the premium I would pay for that feature. But having a Nav suystem fully integrated it as been growing on me. What does the Nav system get me that a TomTom, Magellan, etc for half the price would get me? Just the integration and aestethics? sp?
Also what about the sunroof? I read stories on the previous models having problems. I am assumming that by now GM suold have those issues ironed out and shuold not be a problem on the 2009's
Well, I am a big fan of integrated navigation. The radio/nav, etc, are all on one screen. The NAV in the Acadia is only Ok, in my opinion. You can't do too much while driving (you can only select a poi you see on the screen,a previous destination, or the first 8 or so items in your address book, although I believe if you have a voice tag on an address item, you could speak it). But, for me, having everything integrated is well worth it. Heck, you can even call onstar, have them find something for you, and have it downloaded into your nav to start directions right in your built in nav. You probably wonder what is the point of that, if you have nav, but the more I watch my wife swerve all around the road trying to change the radio stations, the more I realize it is a neat feature,if you are by yourself (don't have someone to search/type things in for you, regardless of what nav you have).

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cnr1089 said:
I think you are going to have to be flexible.
Yeah I knew that but it ends up that If I want to take advantage of the employee pricing I can't find what I want. :banghead:

The SLT2 that I see in invetory here don't fit my needs. Most of them are around 41k at employee pricing. And I can build my dream SLT acadia for 41k ~42k.

Looks like ordering might be a better option for us. Hopefully maybe by the time we take delivery there is still some sort osf special going on.

BTW, I stopped by a dealer today and he salesman said I could not "special order" my 2009 SLT2. :confused:

I was pretty sure you could do that just that you had to have some wait time. I'll be posting in the buying section then once we get closer to ordering as I don't know how much over/under invoice would be a good deal (assumming they don't have the GMS deal in the next 1 or 2 months

1 - 3 of 3 Posts