GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One dealer told us we can order any color except white diamond. Red has been my first choice, but we're looking at a white diamond today that has everything we want (and then some), and I'll get it if the price is right. But I'm concerned that they're not making white diamond anymore. Is something wrong with it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do not worry there is nothing wrong with white diamond. Every year GM changes up the paint color a little. 2008 white diamond is replaced with "platinum ice".

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! So if I get the white diamond, I can call it a special edition!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sounds like your dealer really wants to sell you his in-stock white diamond. I'd talk to another dealer and see if the story is the same.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, the dealer who told us we can't order white diamond doesn't have any in stock - we're looking at a different dealer today.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Do not worry there is nothing wrong with white diamond. Every year GM changes up the paint color a little. 2008 white diamond is replaced with "platinum ice".

Oh No!
We ordered White Diam just a day before cut off, hope it doesn't get messed up some how. Do you know if Platinum Ice is excactly the same as white Diamond?
I hate this waiting, wish I just could have just bought one off the lot. They only had SLT-2 with Sun roofs, Nav, and DVD. All things that I can live without due to the cost! Last time we ordered a car it got messed up, almost expect it now, I don't think many people care about what they do anymore. Lee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Platinum ice is not exactly the same as white diamond. It's kind of hard to tell them apart unless they are right next to each other. The sparkle in platinum ice has kind of a blue tone to it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
How did you find out that White Diamond is changing to Platnium Ice?? Im not doubting that you are correct, I just can't find this info!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Our dealer showed us the paint chips for the 2008 models two weeks ago and they have replaced White Diamond with Platinum Ice.
IMO they are not very close in color when looking at the paint chips.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Oh! Thank you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts