GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of the insiders know why GM chose to go with a totally new bolt pattern of 6x132 for the Lambdas? Was it forced due to design, or did they just want to be different? It pisses me off that they did this, because unless other manufacturers begin to do the same, those of us looking to upgrade to aftermarket wheels have some very slim pickens'!! The aftermarket doesn't exactly see a market for this BP yet and those that have upgraded, needed to have their wheels custom drilled. I'm not against going the custom route....if I found something that actually looked nice! :banghead:

Maybe I'm just impatient and need to let the aftermarket catch up to my desires, but I would really LOVE to know what made GM do this... :crazy:

·
Registered
812 Posts
that bugs me too... maybe to force owners to buy the GM wheels instead of relying on the aftermarket ones...LOL ;D

insiders are welcome....

·
Registered
128 Posts
SioXie said:
that bugs me too... maybe to force owners to buy the GM wheels instead of relying on the aftermarket ones...LOL ;D

insiders are welcome....
Are you complaining again about something you are not even faced with.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i think it supposed to be a joke..... :eek:

·
Registered
812 Posts
been researching about the bolt pattern, both Honda and Toyota are using the same bolt pattern too on some of their new trucks with owners having problems finding aftermarket rims, must be a new way to accomodate future trends in oversized rims.... :)

now what can you say Canuck????

·
Registered
28 Posts
been researching about the bolt pattern, both Honda and Toyota are using the same bolt pattern too on some of their new trucks with owners having problems finding aftermarket rims
There's no Hondas or Toyotas with the same 6x132 pattern. Ridgeline and Oddy are 5x120 (common, same as BMW), Toyotas 4wd are 6x5.5 except the new Tundra did change to 5x150 for 2007. This did present a problem for aftermarket wheels when it first came out, but now there are lots of options for them. Its the same with the Lambdas, but it will just take some time. Unfortunately it seems these trucks are not that well known yet, so the demand isnt really there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts