GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally ordered an Acadia with factory HID, but because of the leasing debacle I had to hurry and settle for another '08 Acadia they had on the lot that was comparable to the one I ordered. I really want the HID lighting because I have poor night vision. I am looking into installing some of the aftermarket kits that are out there.

I have perused this forum and can not find a general consensus out there. I am looking for the Xenon H11 conversion kit that several companies carry and need the opinion from this forum to seal the deal prior to pulling the trigger. Quality obviously comes first, followed by company service and next how cost friendly the kit is. Currently I have looked into the H11 kit with German bulbs rated at 4300k.

I am looking at the 4300k for the brightest lighting, but would be willing to go higher in 'k' if you recommend a more blue bulb. Any insight and/or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
I bought a kit from XenonDepot.com (see sponsor section) for my Silverado last December (the Acadia has the factory HIDs) and have been completely satisfied with them.  No problems with them at all and I do a considerable amount of nighttime driving so they get used a lot.  The price was better than other places I had checked out too.

I got the 5000K bulbs and love the bright white output with just a hint of blue to them.

·
Premium Member
2,276 Posts
Hi,

Glad to hear you're happy with your purchase =)

turfster26 - It would be my pleasure to help you out and answer any questions you may have. Feel free to send me a PM or email me at [email protected].

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would really be nice to see some good pictures with a 2013 Acadia with them installed and not just head on views. I would like to see street views as well! The last few sets I have tried were way out of alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts