GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering who has put the most miles on their Acadia...for our friends in Canada, please translate k's into m's for those of us who can't do it without a calculator. ;D
I'm guessing someone uses their Acadia for work and would be approaching 50,000 to 70,000 miles by now. Maybe more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
I don't know my exactly mileage off hand, but it is close to 48,000.

The first year I owned it, I took a train to work. I drove maybe 5 miles to get to the train station and back five days a week. Most of these miles are from the numerous road trips my Acadia has shared with me. And of course, from the past year at my new job where I drive about 70 miles a day round trip five days a week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I've got 45k well taken care of miles!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Ive had mine just over a year now and ive got 34k.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Wow, dfrank. If I took mine at one year, you would win. I have 52,000 and it will be two at the end of April. We are moving our horse closer to home and that will cut down a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
Yeah I live just east of baytown and the wife works off 290 and the beltway. She puts a lot on it on the commute. Plus we use it to go out of town so it gets used a lot. I buy cars to drive them though so I dont worry about the mileage. Youve just got to keep up with the maintenance. Thats the key to getting a long life out of one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
We have our 08 now for 18 months and it has 51,480 miles on it. 120 miles per day commute to and from work and all the extra running it adds up quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mckcab said:
Wow, dfrank. If I took mine at one year, you would win. I have 52,000 and it will be two at the end of April. We are moving our horse closer to home and that will cut down a lot.
Can you use your Acadia to pull a one horse trailer?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
It can pull it, but as I found out during Ike, it can't pull the horse! Something about live weight. I still would have bought the Acadia, but feel a little duped since I asked specifically at the dealership. This is Houston for heavens sake! They said no problem, Acadia Forum says BIG PROBLEM!!

I guess the horse can walk.. >:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
dla said:
We have our 08 now for 18 months and it has 51,480 miles on it. 120 miles per day commute to and from work and all the extra running it adds up quick.
Holy *&%$. That's high mileage! You are in that Acadia a ton every week! Our 2009 Enclave, which has almost 4,000 miles on it, and we've had it almost 8 months, is on pace for only 9,000 miles in the same 18 months, to compare. WOW. If you did a 5 year loan like we did, your Acadia will have 171,600 miles when it finally gets paid off. :eek: We are hoping to get 10 years or more out of ours. At 10 years, ours will have 60,000....at 10 years yours will have 343,200!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
428 Posts
With the right maintenance I wouldnt see a problem putting 300,000 on the Acadia. The 88 single cab 3/4 ton Chevy I bought when I graduated high school now has 650,000 on it. One motor and two transmissions and it still is a great truck. You just gotta take care of your vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
This high mileage is a change for us. We was putting 100 miles a week on our cars before hurricane Katrina, but after that disaster and fifteen feet of water in our house we chose to move to higher ground and that came with the cost of putting 600+ miles per week (on each car) just for work not counting all the other trips around town. We will see how many miles we can rack up on this one and hopefully it will be around a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,542 Posts
dla said:
This high mileage is a change for us. We was putting 100 miles a week on our cars before hurricane Katrina, but after that disaster and fifteen feet of water in our house we chose to move to higher ground and that came with the cost of putting 600+ miles per week (on each car) just for work not counting all the other trips around town. We will see how many miles we can rack up on this one and hopefully it will be around a while.
Sorry to hear about all that. That sure explains the high mileage. I was wondering how you would have a job that far away. Your story tells it all.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,374 Posts
09Enclave said:
Holy *&%$. That's high mileage! You are in that Acadia a ton every week! Our 2009 Enclave, which has almost 4,000 miles on it, and we've had it almost 8 months, is on pace for only 9,000 miles in the same 18 months, to compare. WOW. If you did a 5 year loan like we did, your Acadia will have 171,600 miles when it finally gets paid off. :eek: We are hoping to get 10 years or more out of ours. At 10 years, ours will have 60,000....at 10 years yours will have 343,200!!!!
Maybe we need a lowest mileage thread! We'd have to exclude Enclaves LOL. My dad has bought only Buicks for the past several trades. I think he may put 100 miles a month on his car (1200/year or 1800/18 months) since he is retired and all his driving is local and short distance. I know he always gets top dollar at trade in time due to the low miles and condition.

Our Acadia has the bulk of the miles of our vehicles, I think around 11K in 6 months since Mrs. Blue uses it to visit distant family & friends and our church/shopping is a 60 mile round trip. Just turned 1600 in the Challenger after 3 months, mostly due to a trip to my dads (didn't want him to put a lot of miles on that Buick LOL).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
That's why ours has so many miles. When we travel, we take the Acadia. When my son drives, I feel it's the safer of the two cars and he drives it and his school is 30 minutes away. If we go anywhere as a family, we take the Acadia. The barn is another 30 minutes away in the opposite direction and we only take it. (G gets caught in the ruts!) If you add both of the car's mileage, it's not that bad. His car is now babied and mine is the workhorse and looks it! (Thanks birds and son)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
912 Posts
Well I can tell you that when we got ours it had 0 on the clock and then on Oct 10th we took a long trip all through the States and came home on the 29th with over 3000 miles on it and it now resides with about 11thousand kilometers on it. The day we left for the US it had 850 kilometers on it and that was at 9AM on Oct 10th as we were crossing the border into Port Huron Michigan from Sarnia Ontario.

EDIT/CONVERSION
11,000 KM = 6,835 miles, eh?[/color]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
We bought one of the first to hit the market (Detroit area) and have 53,600. We're leaving for Florida again next week so we'll rack up a good chunk next month. So far only problems were one bad tire when new, re-programmed trans, misc TSBs, and more recently a power steering cooler hose that was leaking. We use Mobil 1 5w-30, still not burning any oil....new tires for sure sometime this summer.

After the first 3000 miles we took our first trip from MI to Key West! Now with the Acadia I actually enjoy the ride there and back. Nicest vehicle I've owned, and I've had a lot to test over the years. The ONLY thing I don't like is the huge gap in the floor for the sliding middle seat, lots of misc. stuff in there from the kids.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,593 Posts
mckcab said:
It can pull it, but as I found out during Ike, it can't pull the horse! Something about live weight. I still would have bought the Acadia, but feel a little duped since I asked specifically at the dealership. This is Houston for heavens sake! They said no problem, Acadia Forum says BIG PROBLEM!!

I guess the horse can walk.. >:D
A friend sent me a video of some guy in Texas or New Mexico who takes a seat out of his car to let the horse ride in style. He loads the horse in the car and takes "Fury" out for cheeseburgers. It's a Lincoln convertible. Maybe you could take all the rear seats out, remove the moonroof and let your horse cruise with you!!
:deadhorse: get in horsey, time for McD's!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
My daughter would love that. Me, not a horse person, even though it would be nice to have her "cut" my lawn for me! I would pay $$ to see Moon in your Acadia! ;D
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
22,593 Posts
mckcab said:
My daughter would love that. Me, not a horse person, even though it would be nice to have her "cut" my lawn for me! I would pay $$ to see Moon in your Acadia! ;D
mckcab, LOL dude, I know a bunch of people in Texas who would "moon" you from my Acadia with very little hesitation!! And, a bunch more are headed in from Europe for an iternational conference this summer. I could arrange a Moon Parade for you. How much money do you have?

:dancing:
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top