GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help - does anyone know how to safely remove flecks of white highway lining paint from clear coat? It's only been on for a few days(didn't notice it until I washed it after a New Brunswick trip). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Some say that a bar of detailing clay works. Anybody have experience with it?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Clay bar may do it. I would first try a good cleaner wax made by any of the major companies. I've had very good luck with Meguiar's cleaner wax for that sort of thing. The difficulty in getting it off will be directly related to how long its been there and how baked on its gotten from the sun.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Goof Off should do it. I would gently dab and soak a small area at a time. Try not to rub to hard. The paint on your car is harder than the stripe paint so it wont come off. Just do a small area at a time. I use it on mine to remove tar and sap.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I will second the clay bar opinion, I think it's one of the safest ways to remove foreign substances. I would try it before anything stronger that could damage the paint. My two cents, I'm sure there are plenty of safe products out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've heard Kerosene will take it off (From a Virginia DOT worker) but I wouldn't try that unless nothing else worked..........

·
Registered
119 Posts
try a GOOD "Tar and Bug" remover. I use some ole stuff on Acadia and scooter.....hasn't harmed paint on ether. Just do the dab and soak method.

It smells like kerosene......as do most deep cleaners.

this moment 2001............

1 - 6 of 6 Posts