GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I have always put a big trash bag and pair of gloves near the jack in our cars incase I need to change a tire. Obviously you will get your hands dirty and then you have a big dirty tire to put somewhere once it is off.

Well GMC did their homework and solved this problem for me. While poking around in our new Acadia, low and behold right near the jack there is a nice pair of work gloves and a big plastic bag.

This is just another of the many well thought out items in the Acadia, Nice Job!

-Donny

·
Registered
364 Posts
I keep getting pleasantly suprised with the many positive things the Forum members find on the Acadia!

When will it stop? (never I hope!)

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
I noticed the gloves too. Very thoughtful touch, and unexpected at this level. GM really did deliver a shot across the bow of all those "luxury" CUVs

·
Registered
307 Posts
Ugh, I hope I never have to use the gloves or the bag! Knock on wood, I've never changed a tire and don't plan to start anytime soon!! :D However, it's very nice to know it's back there for whoever I "recruit" to help me with it if I ever need to!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm surprised they didn't market that added touch, then again, I've yet to really see any type of advertising for the Acadia. It has been very limited tv and few print ads in Chicago...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Don't use those gloves until warranty runs out:

I told my wife to push the On-Star button or call:
for GM Roadside Assistance Program

Roadside Assistance Program
In the U.S. call, 1-800-GMC-8782 (1-800-462-8782).

Service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
As the owner of a new GMC vehicle, you are automatically enrolled in the GMC Roadside Assistance program.[/color] This value-added service is intended to provide you with peace of mind as you drive in the city or travel the open road.
Flat Tire Change: Installation of a spare tire in good condition, when equipped and properly inflated, will be covered at no charge.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The gloves will stay clean, we have onstar for at least a year, use the service. My wife will be quick to use it too, if needed, although I hope she never needs to use the service.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
On Star is worth every penny after that first year. Just for the piece of mind.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm sure we will re-up after the first year. Also, since I am a Verizon customer already, I'll do the add aline option which I beleive you also mentioned Joe....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Product Excellence:

"An excellent product is one that delivers additional features that were unexpected AFTER the product has been purchased and put in use".

This is a summary of a description provided in an issue of Business Week Magazine several years ago.

It appears that the Acadia and the Lambda platform siblings are candidates to become an Excellent Product. It is nice to see this and it makes me proud to be supporting an American company who produces an excellent product!

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
SAF_ALG said:
I'm sure we will re-up after the first year. Also, since I am a Verizon customer already, I'll do the add aline option which I beleive you also mentioned Joe....
I did and I do have it. Love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Roadside Assistance Program
In the U.S. call, 1-800-GMC-8782 (1-800-462-8782). Just for info, this is free of charge for 5yrs or 100,000 miles and is included with the 5yr,100,000 mile powertrain warranty on all 2007 GMC Acadias. FYI

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yes, I was struck by the idea of the workgloves, had not seen that before in any of the cars I have purchased over the years. Inexpensive way of delighting the customer! 8)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I found the gloves on my 2002 silverado. I have onstar but it would take 45 minutes or more for help it was 104 in july and on a very busy highway. But it is a nice touch. The plastic is very nice touch somebody was thinking.

·
Registered
473 Posts
NY_Joe said:
On Star is worth every penny after that first year. Just for the piece of mind.
you know onstar is really safe having the first year free because the vehicle is new usally new vehicles don't have that serious of problems. when onstar really shines is when the car is 4 years old and starts having little troubles. IMO

but i will always keep onstar active on and car equipped with it. its worth its weight in gold.

Cool find on the white gloves and bag.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts