GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the White Diamond look off-white compared to the Summit White? I haven't seen two side-by-side so it's difficult to tell. I'm one that is much better about chosing colors if I can see them on the road a few times. I'm chosing one of the two but can't decide which one. I have concerns about matching the paint of the White Diamond if there were an unfortunate ding, dent, or collision.

The cadillac pearl white is very much creamy, or off white. Is it the same as the Acadia? I didn't think it looked like the same color, but the sun was hiding behind the clouds, so it was hard to tell.

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I chose the White Diamond over the Summit White. The White Diamond is like a Pearl White. If I am not mistaken it is the same white as on the cadillac. My second choice in color would have been the Summit White then the Carbon Metallic.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The White Diamond tricoat looks like summit white on cloudy days, but when the sun comes out the White Diamond looky like a cream witha dash of gold depending on where the light hits it. I have seen the Whitr Diamond the most out of all the colors and it is my second favorite color under the Gold Mist. I don't think it would be difficult to fix if there was a dent, because I think it would blend in. Thats just my opinion! Take it for what it is worth!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I hope I can make up my mind tonight. I plan to order tomorrow. I was told 4-5 weeks for delivery! :blob:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If I had to choose between Summit White and White Diamond, I would totally go with the White Diamond. :) Good luck on choosing!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
:ditto: White Diamond is a very nice color. If if weren't for the fact that my last 3 vehicles were
all Summit White, I would probably consider White Diamond for my next vehicle. btw, make sure if
you are going to see the color in person that you see it out in the sunlight. My dealer had a SLT2
White Diamond in the showroom, and I mistook it for Summit White at first. :beer:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would definately go with White Diamond!! Looks nicer and richer than Summit White!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
I would definately go with White Diamond!! Looks nicer and richer than Summit White!

Well!!!! I have never been so insulted in my life. LOL!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Dan-M said:
Gmoney_2010 said:

Well!!!! I have never been so insulted in my life. LOL!!!
Sorry! But i just dont like pure white cars. But it is an acadia so it looks good in any color!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Okay I'm better now. ::)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Call me cheap but I just couldn't stomach spending $800 on a "premium" paint color. If I thought I would get some of that back in resale maybe, but my guess is that it won't be worth squat 5-7 years down the road.

I should add that it is **** nice looking, however.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yep, definitely not a color for someone trying to cut costs :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ya but if your spending $30-$45 thousand on anything wouldnt you spend an extra $800 to get exactly what you want?

Edit: If you want the White Diamond!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Gmoney_2010 said:
Ya but if your spending $30-$45 thousand on anything wouldnt you spend an extra $800 to get exactly what you want?

Edit: If you want the White Diamond!!
Matter of priorities I guess. I don't find the color of the car that important as long as it is light colored. There are several colors that would make me happy. Spending an extra $800 on something that will most likely have zero value down the road just doesn't pass my billfold test. To each their own (hence my personal interest in the Enclave).

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's Monday morning and I'm still undecided ???

The summit white really stands out on the acadia, it was the first color we saw and we both loved it. We saw White Diamond over the weekend with overcast skies. I really need to see it in the sunlight. My husband says that he likes the Diamond better, but I'm still unsure. I have a dark teal '97 Grand Prix now and have always loved that color. I like the fact that there aren't very many out there in that color. It looks like a dark green with just a hint of blue. I have always liked being unique having a color that you don't see very often. Although I love the summit white I worry I'll get tired of it, because there are so many white cars on the road. I know, I'm just beating my head against the wall about a simple color :banghead: But I agree with Gmoney...If you are spending more that $30k on a car, another $618 (dealer cost) on a paint color is pocket change.

The price isn't what's holding me up, just can't decide. I'm even losing sleep over it :sosad: Thanks for all of your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would get the White Diamod. I love that color and I feel that it isn't as harsh as the Summit White is, especially on a vehicle the size of the Acadia.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm leaning toward the White Diamond. I am looking at the pics on the forum and it's sweet. What I worry about is it being too creamy looking. I want it to look white, not champaign.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like treevis said....I think it is most similar to Cadillac's pearl white. Take a look at several Caddy's with this color. It looks great even after a few years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We are picking up our Summit White today - I will let you know how it looks. (Looks great on a Denali.) Although we were deciding between the Summit and White Diamond, we went with the Summit simply because we were told that if you get a dent or scratch it is very tough to try and "touch it up". I believe they would have to paint larger areas of the vehicle to make it look uniform and the cost would be substantial compared to touching up areas on a Summit. At least I hope I don't regret it!! We opted for the 19" wheels instead of the paint! (We really liked the Carbon, but if you live in the country that option is out because of the dust.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have (and love) a Summit White. We initially looked at the White Diamond, but upon seeing it in person, my wife immediately commented, and I have to agree, that it looks a little feminine. Maybe ok for her, but since this is my primary vehicle, it wasn't going to work. We did, by the way, think it looked champagne-y, at least under the dealer's lights. YMMV, so I'd advise you to check them out in person, if you can.

Oh -- any I apologize in advance for anyone who takes offense to my feminine comment (on my first post too! :cheers:)

James

1 - 20 of 24 Posts