GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have pictures of a White Diamond Tricoat Acadia, please post them in this thread.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The WDT is beautiful on the Saturn Outlook.  Check out their brochure...there's a couple of pics in there. 

Can't wait to see an Acadia in this color, but it's hard to justify spending more on a color when the others look SO good IMO.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Getting closer.  Dealer by me has one coming in.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Admin,
I noted today that Koons GMC in Tysons Corner has one in stock when checking GMBuyPower.com. Maybe one of us in the Northern VA area should go take pics.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good find! That's actually the dealership where we purchased our Acadia! While it's a good 20 miles from us, we'll be due for an oil change in the next week or so. I'll be sure to take the camera just in case they have it in stock. If you happen by there sooner, all the better.

·
Registered
315 Posts
readyforacadia said:
Admin,
I noted today that Koons GMC in Tysons Corner has one in stock when checking GMBuyPower.com. Maybe one of us in the Northern VA area should go take pics.
Could very well be a just built/in transit vehicle that's not on the lot yet. Either way, good sign that they're finally going to start popping up.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I also found a White Diamond Tricoat at Robt. Brodgen GMC in Olathe, KS (outside of Kansas City). Anyone out there live close to that dealership?

Sure would love to see the color since that is what I ordered. I liked the color on the Saturn Outlook and am hoping it is the same.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The White Diamond Tricoat must be the "metallic white" that is a popular color on some Cadillacs and Lexus'

It is a hard color to photograph and get the metallic reflection, unlike with red, blue or dark gray.

Popular Mechanics Magazine has has a photo of one that does look like the White tricoat because of the reflectivity in the photo. Not absolutely sure, but it appears likely.

I've copied the photo from their web site and included below--may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
According to gmbuypower.com there is a White Diamond Tricoat w/Ebony Interior at Thompson Cadillac/GMC in Raleigh NC. I'll call tomorrow to see if they actually have it on the lot.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's no way to know for sure, but that looks a lot like the Summit White acadia's I've seen.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I ordered a white diamond tricoat.

Actually the dealer had a summit white and this diamond tricoat white on their lot. Unfortunatley it did not have the options I wanted. Sitting by itself it's hard to tell the difference. But sitting next to a summit white you will notice that the summit white does not have this "glare/glow/sheen" to it, like the white diamond tricoat. Its hard to explain.

But yes I'm told it's the same white made popular by the Cadillac Escalade.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes, it's the same color made popular by Cadillac for years--beautiful, and very "high end" looking.

With them finally being produced and showing up on lots, can't wait to see one!

·
Registered
248 Posts
here's some white diamond shots that I took today.

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Those 2 pictures really show what different lighting can do to a car. They look totally different. If I hadn't known better, I would swear the second picture was of a Summit White.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think that bright sunlight can fool the camera when it comes to this color. It probably show best in pictures if it is overcast outside.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts