GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a small fender bender in the 08 White Diamond Acadia, the body shop seems to be having a problem matching the paint...it appears to look like standard white.....they are telling me it is impossible to match.
is this correct...I have a fender that is almost pure white. there is no tan or gray look to it.

any suggestions????

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
nascar88 said:
Had a small fender bender in the 08 White Diamond Acadia, the body shop seems to be having a problem matching the paint...it appears to look like standard white.....they are telling me it is impossible to match.
is this correct...I have a fender that is almost pure white. there is no tan or gray look to it.

any suggestions????
White Diamond Paint is not a standard white. Tri-coat colored vehicles are painted in three stages at the factory; a base color is sprayed, then a mid-coat which gives the 'pearl' effect, then a clear coat to bring the two colors together visually. I think this is why it costs more to get that color.

Did you take it to a GM body shop? I would think they would do this tri coat painting method to paint it and it would match.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it isn't a GM body shop....but they did pull the code from the glove box and did say it is a tri coat and they are though references "a good body shop"...it is almost like the clear coat didn't work.....It's like the clear coat made the paint appear more white...Is there a number that I can call to get to talk with a GM paint Dept, So I can let this shop talk to them...If not I'll go to the dealership.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'm do not know of a number. I would recommend talking to the dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts