GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else hear a whine, sort of like a power steering or fan, but it doesn't matter where I have the wheel turned, when starting from a stop in 1st gear? I don't hear it in reverse when backing out of my driveway, but when I start going forward I hear it until it shifts. I hear it most of the time at stop lights, but not always(could be because after I get going the radio volume goes up and the thing is so quiet). I am tempted to go to the dealer, but I don't want them to start tearing things apart unless they have to, I only have a little bit over 300 miles on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an 07 Outlook and had the same issue. I thought it was the power steering. The dealer topped off the steering fluid as the TSB suggests, but I still hear the noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same issue on my 07 Acadia SLE. It progressively got worse/louder. My husband took it into the shop and they solved the problem. I don't know that I ever asked him what exactly it was. I'll try to get details on it and let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
avaughn said:
I had the same issue on my 07 Acadia SLE. It progressively got worse/louder. My husband took it into the shop and they solved the problem. I don't know that I ever asked him what exactly it was. I'll try to get details on it and let you know what I find out.
If you can that would be great! I noticed it's through the first three gears when starting from a stop, when slowing down for corners I don't hear it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts