GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a used 2009 GMC Acadia SLT-1 this last Saturday and once we started driving it home we noticed that the doors would sometimes randomly unlock then lock again while we were driving. I didn't think anything about it when test driving it, just thought my dad hit the unlock button accidentally. We had it for less than 2 hours and it had done it again 2 times while no one's arm was near the lock buttons. We had to stop back by the dealership for something else so while we were there we told them about it.

Once I got it home it was doing a few other weird things but I really noticed that it wasn't necessarily just the locks locking/unlocking, the monitor that shows what gear you are in would change from drive, to park, then back to drive! I finally understood why it would be kind of jerky when it did the lock/unlock business.

Not only that but it has also randomly says the traction control is off and stabilitrak needs serviced, the check engine light is on sometimes and off sometimes, and the temperature gauge fluctuates frequently and never has a reliable reading.

Has anyone heard of something like this happening before, and what do you suggest I do? I am going back to the dealership on Saturday, any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,449 Posts
does it have sunroof?


But maybe the shifter mechanism switch is bad/loose?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,715 Posts
How 'recently' did you buy it? We have dealers around here that if for any reason you don't like the car you can give it back, get your money back less mileage, or trade to another car. Sounds like this one was dumped for electrical gremlins.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,212 Posts
rbarrios said:
But maybe the shifter mechanism switch is bad/loose?
That would be my guess.  If the switch is bad the BCM may think the transmission is being put into Park and unlocks the doors.

As far as the TC/Stabilitrack message, maybe a dirty throttle body?  The CEL code would help with this.

Not sure what would cause the temp to vary.  Mine hits 210 and never moves, it seems like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GeoHawk said:
That would be my guess. If the switch is bad the BCM may think the transmission is being put into Park and unlocks the doors.

As far as the TC/Stabilitrack message, maybe a dirty throttle body? The CEL code would help with this.

Not sure what would cause the temp to vary. Mine hits 210 and never moves, it seems like.

The thing is, it's not the computer thinking it switches from dive to park, it actually does shift from drive to park for a split second. It will jerk whenever it happens, just as if I were to manually throw it into park while driving.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,449 Posts
Ksalmans said:
The thing is, it's not the computer thinking it switches from dive to park, it actually does shift from drive to park for a split second. It will jerk whenever it happens, just as if I were to manually throw it into park while driving.

you hear any gear grinding?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,618 Posts
Hi Ksalmans,

Sorry to hear of these issues on your newly purchased vehicle! How did the dealership visit go? We are happy to assist further if the concerns are still present.

Jessica
GMC Customer Care

Ksalmans said:
I just purchased a used 2009 GMC Acadia SLT-1 this last Saturday and once we started driving it home we noticed that the doors would sometimes randomly unlock then lock again while we were driving. I didn't think anything about it when test driving it, just thought my dad hit the unlock button accidentally. We had it for less than 2 hours and it had done it again 2 times while no one's arm was near the lock buttons. We had to stop back by the dealership for something else so while we were there we told them about it.

Once I got it home it was doing a few other weird things but I really noticed that it wasn't necessarily just the locks locking/unlocking, the monitor that shows what gear you are in would change from drive, to park, then back to drive! I finally understood why it would be kind of jerky when it did the lock/unlock business.

Not only that but it has also randomly says the traction control is off and stabilitrak needs serviced, the check engine light is on sometimes and off sometimes, and the temperature gauge fluctuates frequently and never has a reliable reading.

Has anyone heard of something like this happening before, and what do you suggest I do? I am going back to the dealership on Saturday, any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
2007 GMC Acadia SLT FWD; 2008 GMC Acadia SLT AWD
Joined
·
4 Posts
This forum is notorious for hanging threads :)
This is a 6 year old thread but I wasn't sure which is best whether to start a new thread or resurrect an old thread to keep information in one place. I chose the latter.
I am having a similar issue with doors unlocking and locking within a split second and the vehicle jerking as if the transmission has shifted from drive to park.
One thing I noticed is that this happens mostly when driving on streets with potholes. it is intermittent. I have checked the codes and I only get the P0700 generic code.
I have checked, double checked and triple checked all wiring and I cannot find issues.
One thing I noticed is when I change the gear selector from D to L, it stays in D although the shifter is in L.
I guess I should mention that I replaced the laminate discs in the TEHCM and also performed the preemptive 3-5-R waveplate replacement. That is when this symptoms begun.
Any ideas or pointer as to what could be causing this?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,649 Posts
This forum is notorious for hanging threads :)
...
Many forum members are also notorius for posting without identifying the year/make/model/trim of their vehicle either in the discussion, or in their profile signature. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
2007 GMC Acadia SLT FWD; 2008 GMC Acadia SLT AWD
Joined
·
4 Posts
Many forum members are also notorius for posting without identifying the year/make/model/trim of their vehicle either in the discussion, or in their profile signature. :rolleyes:
Good one.
I will updated my signature profile with vehicle details.
In the meantime, the vehicle in question is a 2007 GMC Acadia SLT FWD
 

·
Registered
2007 GMC Acadia SLT FWD; 2008 GMC Acadia SLT AWD
Joined
·
4 Posts
I still haven't been able to figured it out what is causing the issue, I have taken out the TEHCM and rechecked to make sure switches are fine and laminate discs are intact and properly seated. Still no luck.
But maybe the shifter mechanism switch is bad/loose?
Where is this located? It wouldn't hurt to check.
 

·
Registered
2007 GMC Acadia SLT FWD; 2008 GMC Acadia SLT AWD
Joined
·
4 Posts
Just an update.
My issue was fixed today after finally throwing in the towel and taking it to the dealer.
It turns out ground G110 (Right rear of engine, mounted to the rear cylinder head) was loose enough to cause the issue.

After picking up the vehicle i tried to replicate it by driving of streets I knew will cause the issue and so far all good.
Hopefully this helps someone later
Cheers!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top