GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for the best wax / or polish you suggest for my new Black Acadia. I don't want to spend a fortune on wax / polish, but also want it to shine and have a durable finish. I have used Zymol liquid and Mother's wax on my past vehicles. One expert named "Larry" said that he would recommend "Blitz Wax"...
What do you think?
mritter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
I use Zaino ZAIO. It is very easy and I love the results. It's a one step process (wax on - wax off) that cleans, polishes, and seals. I get unbelievable results and after putting this one coat on, if you are the type that wants an insane shine, you can also buy their Z2 or other products to put a 2nd coat on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,703 Posts
I believe Zaino's new product ZCS will work on both the paint and the black. I think you can just do both at the same time. But I have never used it so I don't know about how well it works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
whamer said:
Is there a wax or polish that I can use without having to worry about getting it the rubber or plastic molding?
I've been using Turtle Wax's ICE synthetic paste polish with some really good results. It can be applied to plastic without the worry of white residue. And if it dries in a crevice such as the washer fluid nozzle housing on the hood, it leaves no white residue.
The wax goes on very easy and when wiping up it doesn't leave a "weird" feeling on your hand as typical paste polish does.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
894 Posts
whamer said:
Is there a wax or polish that I can use without having to worry about getting it the rubber or plastic molding?
To remove that residue you can use a MR Clean Magic Eraser.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
I love the turtle wax ice . It is a clear liquid that can be applies when the car is hot. Dries quickly and has no residue. Fine on plastic too. I can re apply the whole car in five minutes. Probably not as much shine as carnuba but much easier.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,870 Posts
Look dude/dudette

quit pushing your website in the signature area by replying to threads that are ancient
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
newz54 said:
I love the turtle wax ice . It is a clear liquid that can be applies when the car is hot. Dries quickly and has no residue. Fine on plastic too. I can re apply the whole car in five minutes. Probably not as much shine as carnuba but much easier.
I read some reviews at Amazon and was told the TW Ice is oily, and attracts dust. I have bought some but haven't used it yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
mritter said:
I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for the best wax / or polish you suggest for my new Black Acadia. I don't want to spend a fortune on wax / polish, but also want it to shine and have a durable finish. I have used Zymol liquid and Mother's wax on my past vehicles. One expert named "Larry" said that he would recommend "Blitz Wax"...
What do you think?
mritter
On my Black Outlook, the best results come from a Liquid called "Nu Finish". It comes from Chicago, so it is available in the States and Canada. It is the easiest I have used and it lasts for the whole year(as it says on the bottle). I've tried it in sun and shade with great results either way. It's easy to apply, and polishes with little rubbing. It does mark the plastic parts, but they rub off with little hassle. In Canada it costs $10 + tax, so the price fits too! Good luck, and enjoy giving TLC to your new "baby"!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
logbite said:
On my Black Outlook, the best results come from a Liquid called "Nu Finish". It comes from Chicago, so it is available in the States and Canada. It is the easiest I have used and it lasts for the whole year(as it says on the bottle). I've tried it in sun and shade with great results either way. It's easy to apply, and polishes with little rubbing. It does mark the plastic parts, but they rub off with little hassle. In Canada it costs $10 + tax, so the price fits too! Good luck, and enjoy giving TLC to your new "baby"!
I've used NuFinish years ago with good results. It's been around quite awhile. I found though it would not bead water for much more than a month or so.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,091 Posts
mritter said:
I was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for the best wax / or polish you suggest for my new Black Acadia. I don't want to spend a fortune on wax / polish, but also want it to shine and have a durable finish...What do you think?mritter
Be careful you don't misunderstand what the word "polish" means. It's easy to think of it as a product or a process intended to make something shine. In the car maintenance world, it's a chemical or abrasive used to scrub off a deteriorated layer of paint, to remove bad material. Your vehicle is new. You want a wax, something that will protect its finish.

Now with that cleared up, I've been pleased with the Mother's wax you mention, and my current favorite is Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,633 Posts
I use NU FINISH once a year and in between after I wash it I use Meguiars detailer to keep it shining. You can't go wrong with Meguiars products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
For a daily driver I don't think you can beat Nu Finish. The stuff is fairly cheap, and I have it on 3 cars and they all bead water after a year, and bugs come off with one wipe of the wash mitt rather than lots of rubbing. My experience with meguiars waxes and polishes has been that they are difficult to work with - seems to leave an oily film that's impossible to get off the car. When I apply Nu Finish I don't even rub it in a circular motion, just wipe it on in straight lines and buff off after it dries to a haze. I put it on my boat too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,929 Posts
I am now for taking to Ziebart with exterior finish they use. ;D I had been using a german acrylic based 2 system product for many years. Long story short.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,233 Posts
Anyone know of a good product that will remove the marks after bird poop sat on paint? This is for my daughter's Jetta which is black.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top