GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger on a loaded AWD SLT2 today- more details to come on the pricing and details. But for now I need to decide which advanced two-way remote start I want. They are bringing the car in from another dealer, and as it was described to me they can put in the same one they install in the factory, OR a third-party brand which they promoted as better and also displays the fuel level. I have seen pictures of the GM one and another brand, ASIS? I think? Which do I want?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I would get them to install the advanced two-way remote; OEM

·
Registered
125 Posts
bjbyers said:
a third-party brand which they promoted as better and also displays the fuel level[/color].
The GM advanced remote displays the fuel level (for 2 cars).

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
A third party unit is a pig in a poke- repair or support could be a problem. The GM unit will be far easier to receive service for if it is needed in the future. At $260 retail, not a bad value IMO.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found out tonight the sales person didn't know what she was talking about, dealer only installs the OEM advanced start so no idea what she was smoking when she asked about a third-party version. Sounds like everyone in the forum thought OEM was the way to go anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
bjbyers said:
Found out tonight the sales person didn't know what she was talking about...
Didn't see that coming! ::)

Spend an hour or two here reading threads and you'll know more than the average salesperson I encountered last fall.

Glad you got the remote sorted out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts