GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I came real close to giving up on the Acadia last week and taking the plunge on a loaded CX-9. I know, I know......a Mazda??? What were you thinking...???

We had gotten a little bit of "ordering remorse" after the news of the 3.5% general price increase for the '09 models (my fault for not waiting for pricing before ordering) and then the news of GMC perhaps getting cut by GM. Couple all of that with a wait until September for the Acadia and...

So we decided just to take one more look out there on what else is available in CUVs that offer similar capabilities to the Acadia. The Acura was nice but very pricey. A test drive of the CX-9 later and we were seriously considering closing a deal on that vehicle. I won't go into a long comparison of the CX-9 vs. the Acadia as that has been done several times here on the forum; but I will summarize by saying that the CX-9 is a very nice CUV! We did an extended four-hour test drive by ourselves (me, the wife, and our 2 year old) and got to play with a lot of the features and gadgets. The bluetooth interface was pretty impressive, as was the NAV interface too. What killed me was that they did a horrible job of integrating any type of remote start with their keyless entry/start system....essentially requiring you to carry 2 separate remotes. Remote start is almost a necessity down here in the deep south in the summer time. After the extended test drive, I talked numbers with the sales manager and we negotiated a deal on a CX-9 to 1200 under Invoice for a loaded model with NAV, DVD, leather, Towing, 20-inch wheels, etc...

After the Mazda test drive the wife and I felt like we should do another test drive of the Acadia for a direct comparison. Would we have buyer's remorse every time we saw an Acadia on the road if we walked away with the CX-9?

Well, I'm happy to report that the additional test drive of the Acadia sealed the deal for us. We just like the Acadia SO MUCH more than the CX-9. The wife really likes the additional room the Acadia offers over the CX-9 and we both like the interior styling of the Acadia better. So the wait is still on for the '09, assuming GM doesn't do something drastically silly like shutting down the build process on the '09 Acadias at Delta Township because they decide to ax GMC.

Come on September.....I know you're around here somewhere.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
My wife and I had trouble deciding between the two also. Liked the ride/handling of the Mazda, but in the end it was the interior layout of the Acadia that finalized the decision.

·
Registered
812 Posts
if only the CX-9 had the face of the CX-7 and the space of the Acadia, the driving dynamics alone is worth buying plus its cheaper fully loaded. Hands down in the end its the Acadia for us too.....

l

·
Registered
542 Posts
Wish someone had warned me about Mazda! I wouldnt have this POS Mazda 6.

Love my Acadia though. Would never buy Mazda again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.