GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i'm new here. i bought my wife an 07 Acadia back in may and haven't thought of doing much to it. But recently i've been wondering what's out there. being a new vehicle i assume not much. I'm on quite a few other forums for my little ford focus and have done quite a bit of work to it. it's an 05 and parts are just now really coming out for it. i'm curious if there is anything out for performance at all. nothing crazy, probably just intake, exhaust and a chip. also curious if there are any aftermarket grills out there. sorry for the general questions, but like i said, i'm new here and just looking for an idea of where the aftermarket options stand for these awesome suv's. thanks in advance for any info. :cheers:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Not much in the way of performance mods at all. Checked K & N, they only have an oil filter thus far. I've posted a link to the K & N site, where you can put in a request for cold air intake and air filter, I suggest you do it, too, so they get a feel for just how many of us Acadia owners would be interested. Also, look for Sandman's thread about his performance exhaust installation; that's about it.

As far as billet, mesh or "Denali" style punch grilles, everything thus far seems to be an overlay, and I haven't seen anything that looks tight enough for me to consider it. I'd only do an aftermarket grille if it was so seamless and neat of an installation, that it looked factory. The overlays don't fit quite perfectly enough to suit me, or at least the ones I've seen to date don't.

Give it time, and there will be an array of choices, but right now it's limited.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, and i agree with the whole overlay grill thing. if i'm gonna rock an aftermarket grill, it's gonna be real. not some zip tied cover up thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts