GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a slight leak around the windshield, in the upper left corner on the driver's side. It's really only noticeable when going through an automatic car wash, but there definitely is one there.

The windshield was replaced by a glass company over a year ago, due to large rock damage. They used an official GM OEM part, mostly due to the HUD requirement.

Where should I go to have this re-sealed, or otherwise fixed? Glass company or dealer? Think it's still covered by warranty?

btw, when the windshield was replaced, I first took it to the dealer, and they referred me to the glass company. They said they don't routinely do that kind of work in their shop.

Thanks.

·
Registered
428 Posts
you will need to return to the glass company. The glass company I use here in Houston guarantees no leaks for the life of the windshield. Hopefully so does yours..

·
Registered
91 Posts
If the glass company cannot fix the leak another place to look is the body seam in that area. Both the driver's side and passenger side seams on my Outlook needed to be resealed. There is a TSB somewhere...

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Glass company definitely

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
If you have a leak, they should re-install for free.
I had to have a windshield re-installed in the past,
and they only charged me $20.00; it would have been free, except I didn't have my receipt.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I called the glass company this morning, and they are coming out later in the week to re-seal the windshield.

No hassle, no charge. I don't even have my receipt handy, but they have the record in their computer. The original repair was Aug 2007, so about 1.5 years ago.

It is a 100% lifetime warranty against all leaks.

I hope they can fix the problem on the first attempt.

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
xcskier said:
I have a slight leak around the windshield, in the upper left corner on the driver's side. It's really only noticeable when going through an automatic car wash, but there definitely is one there.

The windshield was replaced by a glass company over a year ago, due to large rock damage. They used an official GM OEM part, mostly due to the HUD requirement.

Where should I go to have this re-sealed, or otherwise fixed? Glass company or dealer? Think it's still covered by warranty?

btw, when the windshield was replaced, I first took it to the dealer, and they referred me to the glass company. They said they don't routinely do that kind of work in their shop.

Thanks.
Have there been any associated problems with the water leaking?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No other problems. We only notice it after going through the automatic carwash. Then, there are several drops of water on the inside, in the upper left corner of the windshield.

I don't see any stains or water damage on the headliner or other interior trim.

The service guy actually came today (days earlier than scheduled), because he happened to be in our neighborhood.

We'll give it several days to cure, then try again in the carwash and see if it's good or not.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two trips to the car wash and no leaks.

Think we're good.

·
Registered
540 Posts
xcskier said:
Two trips to the car wash and no leaks.

Think we're good.
Glad to hear it's fixed. Water leaks and rattles are the worst.

Bobby

1 - 10 of 10 Posts