GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have a 2008 Acadia Stereo radio and Bose Amp unit, found items like this
Car Stereo Radio wire harness + antenna for 2007 - 2013 GMC SIERRA, YUKON 1500
but does this wire harness connect into the radio unit? or does it connect into the vehicle wiring so you can add a different stereo to the car? its not clear which because sometimes you want to connect into the factory wiring with another system; or you have a radio thats factory and want to connect it to a different vehicle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Go to maestro.idatalink.com and will show you the harness and maestro rr unit along with radios that support all Acadia functions, like xm radio, bose amp, onstar, dynamic parking lines, parking sensors, tpms, etc.

if you just want to replace the radio and do not care about functions and steering wheel controls then go to metraonline.com

Regards,
Jorge

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to maestro.idatalink.com and will show you the harness and maestro rr unit along with radios that support all Acadia functions, like xm radio, bose amp, onstar, dynamic parking lines, parking sensors, tpms, etc.

if you just want to replace the radio and do not care about functions and steering wheel controls then go to metraonline.com

Regards,
Jorge
Hi Jorge

its the radio unit I want to use. I need the female connector type that fits the radio. Its my friend who owns the Acadia, he said it stopped working and had a shop install a new radio unit and gave me the old radio.

Now I want to install on my truck or use as a radio on my desk, have to see if it works, so i need the wires that go into the radio. Went to CARid that advertises cables? they said no we dont sell anything that fits GMC radios. asked a different time if some adapter fits the radio? or does it fit into the wiring of the vehicle. they said radio. I asked how they knew? no answer, i think they guessed and dont know.

the radio has male connectors, the adapters would be female but nobody at these places or ebay seems to know. Maybe finding the schematic with connector pinout is whats needed and will make a cable from scratch? but will go check this link first, thanks so much!

·
Registered
2013 Acadia SLT1 "Andy"
55 Posts
Check out Crutchfield. They might be able to help you put there. I've used their products in the past.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Jorge

its the radio unit I want to use. I need the female connector type that fits the radio. Its my friend who owns the Acadia, he said it stopped working and had a shop install a new radio unit and gave me the old radio.

Now I want to install on my truck or use as a radio on my desk, have to see if it works, so i need the wires that go into the radio. Went to CARid that advertises cables? they said no we dont sell anything that fits GMC radios. asked a different time if some adapter fits the radio? or does it fit into the wiring of the vehicle. they said radio. I asked how they knew? no answer, i think they guessed and dont know.

the radio has male connectors, the adapters would be female but nobody at these places or ebay seems to know. Maybe finding the schematic with connector pinout is whats needed and will make a cable from scratch? but will go check this link first, thanks so much!
Lol lol
I tried to do that as a sound system on my garage and it will not work!
The radio will not power up (at the least the top of the line radio than came with the Denali) the reason is: needs can bus signal to power up.

if you do not beleive,you can try yourself… i have all the radio harness that go into the original GMC Acadia Denali Radio - i can sell them to you for cheap!
You can find those part numbers in metraonline.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol lol
I tried to do that as a sound system on my garage and it will not work!
The radio will not power up (at the least the top of the line radio than came with the Denali) the reason is: needs can bus signal to power up.

if you do not beleive,you can try yourself… i have all the radio harness that go into the original GMC Acadia Denali Radio - i can sell them to you for cheap!
You can find those part numbers in metraonline.com
yes I am interested, went from t hinking I had the cable found online to... now what? so let me know how much? it works with the canbus? figures, so thats another layer of equipment needed, would need the address and data fields it uses and that info may not be easy to get; actually, maybe some old ecu and wire it in there; or have to farther into that side and send some command. the hardware would be easy but getting the canbus address stuff is not; as im not working on that anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts