GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having an intermittent shift solenoid a stuck on problem. It happens more after it rains, and yes, I believe the trans needs dropped to do the job. So I will have to have the shop do it, but I don't want raped on both parts and labor if I can help it. Can anyone tell me where I can buy the shift solenoid myself to take to the shop along with me? I'm not ruling dirt out as an issue, but waveplate debris is def not an issue. My 07 came out as all time awd, before they changed to the version that slips into only front wheel at 35mph. I'm about 95% positive that is when they started having wave plate problems, because with 250k miles, I never has a waveplate problem. So I know it's not waveplate debris, anyway, I need to know where to buy the shift solenoid a, I can't find it anywhere, and about how many hours labor it should take to drop the trans and clean or replace the solenoid? I would also appreciate any other info anyone has on the topic. I am planning on doing this solenoid and timing chains at the shop at the same time. I love this car for my ole lady, but it is littered with electrical issues, and uses almost twice the fuel as my 03 5.3 flex fuel suburban, which gets around the same fuel mileage as my cobalt when on the highway. Figure that one out. 28 in suburban, 30 to 32 max in cobalt. I'm def not buying another lambda design, unless they give it a 5.3 liter, I will go back to the Yukon or suburban

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
If its the shift solenoids in the TECHM, the TECHM can be removed with the trans in place.
You can buy a TECHM and have it programmed. so it would be 'drop in'.
When the discs go out- there is a procedure to test the solenoids if you want to.

A thread you may want to read. Can give you an idea of the work involved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
speleos
GMC Acadia Forum
Join our Acadia Forum community where enthusiasts discuss mods and troubleshooting for the GMC Acadia and Denali Crossover SUV.
Full Forum Listing