GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for the good car washing/detailing products in local stores here (Canada) and so far I've just found the basic plonk.

Any suggestions where I can get the foamers, good clay bars etc.?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
autogeek.net is where I buy from. Service us super fast too!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had best results from Larry Reynolds, thre Car Care Doctor at www.carcareonline.com and he is also able
to give his recommendations depending on your car color.

Even though he might not recommend it, I still love REJEX polymer paint protectant. Nothing protects against bird droppings and hot road tar like it.

analogist

·
Registered
9 Posts
analogist said:
I have had best results from Larry Reynolds, the Car Care Doctor at www.carcareonline.com and he is also able
to give his recommendations depending on your car color.

Even though he might not recommend it, I still love REJEX polymer paint protectant. Nothing protects against bird droppings and hot road tar like it.

analogist
I know Larry personally. He ran the "Goody Store" for the largest chapter of the Porsche Club of America for a long time: Northern New Jersey Region, where some of the best detailers in the world live.

He has researched each product down to its chemical composition using MSD's and personally tried most of them. He only carries what he considers the best stuff and can be trusted to give the best advice.

TM

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have really enjoyed the products recommended and supplied by Griot's Garage. They have a full line of detailing accessories including waxes, soaps, clay bars, etc. under their name.

Their website is http://www.griotsgarage.com. and they also will send you a cataloge if you prefer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
coachrider said:
I have really enjoyed the products recommended and supplied by Griot's Garage. They have a full line of detailing accessories including waxes, soaps, clay bars, etc. under their name.

Their website is http://www.griotsgarage.com. and they also will send you a cataloge if you prefer.
I get their catalog too. Their prices are so sky high, its amusing to some extent. No thanks.

TM

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Jeff95TA said:
There's a Canadian Zaino website:

http://www.zaino.ca
I have had Zaino on mine for 4 months now and just washed it yesterday. This is the first product that after 4 months still seems as slick as the day I put it on. I don't have tons of time, so I used their ZAIO (All In One). It's a cleaner, polish, and sealer all in one. It was very easy to put on and very easy to wipe off. Given my results so far, I will definitely use it again.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Griot's Garage prices are way out of line - way too expensive!!!  They have a few things that are hard to get and are worth buying... but overall the guy is out to make mega bucks off of you.  Zaino is a decent product for the price. 
One thing I have fought hard at with fellow car enthusiasts that are Amsoil dealers is to bring on more items that are top notch and would serve our customers best.  We carry the Mothers line of detailing products and being a detailer professionally for many years... I love their products and support.  They have a great website and offer excellent advice as well as Lake Country that offers fine detailing pads.  Both these businesses have served me and all my client base well with the best all around service.  One of the advantages of buying Amsoil for you our others. 

Mothers forum: http://www.waxforum.com/

Lake Country: http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/foampads.html
                  Pad chart: http://www.lakecountrymfg.com/padappguide.html

Lake Country is familiar with the Mothers line of products and can offer advice on a specific challenge you are having with your paint and the appropriate pad to use with a Mothers product .

Amsoil: https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/default.aspx?zo=1078491

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm in the U.S., but Chris at www.eshine.ca has some good stuff, including Riccardo's clay which you cannot get in the U.S. There's some patent issue over it where it became illegal to sell this certain type a clay a few years back. I got my hands on some "pre-ban" clay, and I must say it's the best clay I've ever used.

·
Registered
912 Posts
dj_jonnyv said:
I'm in the U.S., but Chris at www.eshine.ca has some good stuff, including Riccardo's clay which you cannot get in the U.S. There's some patent issue over it where it became illegal to sell this certain type a clay a few years back. I got my hands on some "pre-ban" clay, and I must say it's the best clay I've ever used.
Thanks for that link I just got my in laws to order me the Wolfgang exterior kit as an X mas present.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
DSNY FN said:
dj_jonnyv said:
Thanks for that link I just got my in laws to order me the Wolfgang exterior kit as an X mas present.
So can this Riccardos clay be purchased by someone in Canada, and shipped to the US?
Hint

·
Registered
912 Posts
bonk1313 said:
DSNY FN said:
dj_jonnyv said:
So can this Riccardos clay be purchased by someone in Canada, and shipped to the US?
Hint
Why yes it can especially when that somone is coming to the US in Oct they can drop it in the mail when they cross the border. Or they can drop it in teh mail from here and send it to said Acadia fanatic LOL. Fire me a PM and I would be happy to assist.

Update for Bonk it was mailed out this afternoon you should see it in about 5-7 business days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Griot's Garage is expensive but the merchandise is great as is the company. The best of Show wax might be the best I have ever used. I once had an issues with one of their products so I wrote a letter to omlain. Got a call back from Richard Griot himself. Sent me a replacement product and some other goodies. Can't beat that.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just bought my first car care packet in years and I bought it from AutoGeek.net. Very friendly and helpful and seemed to answer all my questions. I went with: DP Detailing Clay and Lub, Duragloss #101 & #105 Cleaner & Polish, AquaWax Quick Detailer, Dirt Guard, App. Pads, (2) Guzzler towels, Microfiber towels, etc. etc. The whole shooting match. It has been years since I took a interest in waxing my vehicles, so I needed to re-load.

To that end, I started to clay the Acadia and did not seem to matter much because the paint seemed very clean with no major imperfections. So I'll save the claying for my wife's '05 Volvo XC90 next week. I did use the DP #101 Cleaner and DP #105 Polish/Sealant and applications was pretty straightforward. The guys at AutoGeek where pretty big on DuraGloss products, so I said what the heck and gave them a try. Very affordable, so if I am not happy with either of them I will scrap them and re-load on a cleaner and polish.

Took about three solid hours to do two apps. BTW: I went with a synthetic based wax because of the durability and duration (live in New England with no garage) between waxing. I know I could have purchased a Carnauba based product line, but I have to tell you I hate waxing autos and I need to get 8-10 months if i can. With a wife and 3-kids I simply do not have much time. I will let you know of the results. Anyhow, that is my take on things and hope it helps!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes, Duragloss products are very good at a great price. I use their foam carpet cleaner and use the heck out of AquaWax (AW). AW is really more of a spray-on wax than a quick detailer. You can usually get a couple months protection out of it as well where you couldn't get that from a quick detail spray. If you like the Duragloss stuff, it might be worth checking out ordering straight from them (www.duragloss.com). If memory serves me correct, shipping for your entire order is only $5, and the stuff is factory fresh to boot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dj_jonnyv said:
Yes, Duragloss products are very good at a great price. I use their foam carpet cleaner and use the heck out of AquaWax (AW). AW is really more of a spray-on wax than a quick detailer. You can usually get a couple months protection out of it as well where you couldn't get that from a quick detail spray. If you like the Duragloss stuff, it might be worth checking out ordering straight from them (www.duragloss.com). If memory serves me correct, shipping for your entire order is only $5, and the stuff is factory fresh to boot.
Yes, so far they seem like a great product line at a very affordable price. Thanks for the heads up regarding ordering factory direct.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts