GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am spending my Sunday learning about our 2 day old Acadia. The owners manual says the fuse block is under the instrument panel on the passenger side. I'll be darned if I can find it. I did find the one under the hood ok.

Anyone know where the one is on the passenger side and how to access it?

·
Registered
395 Posts
It's under the smooth plastic panel. That has to be removed first. You'll need something to pry up the center of the pins, there are maybe 3 of them (I don't remember exactly). You'll also need a good flashlight and a fuse puller (which is under the hood in the other fuse box). It's a tight fit- might be worth trying to find it before you really need to find it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I still don't get it. If I lay on my back in the passenger footwell and look straight up I see a plastic panel that covers the under side of the dash. Is that it? I pulled as hard on it as I thought was safe without breaking it and it does not want to come off.

I'm betting most Acadia owners could not locate these fuses if they needed to.

How many of you can find the fuse block?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yes, that's it but there are 3 (I think) button pins along the edge closest to you. You need to pry the center of the pin out, then it will pop out. Once these are removed, it drops down and pulls out. There are similar ones under the hood along the front where the plastic and metal join. Practice with these first to see how they work. As I said, it's a very tight fit under there. Wouldn't want to have to do it at night.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jseck2. Following your advise I found the fuse block. The little trick about prying up the center of the pins helped. There are 2 pins.

Once I got the plastic panel off I realized the right side of the panel is actually a door that folds down. It is not necessary to remove the panel although only folding the door down does not allow much room to get to the fuse block. The fuse block is WAAAAAY up inside there. I would dread ever having to change one of those fuses.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
There are a number of electrical gremlins that may be solved by tightening the connector which attaches alongside the underdash fuses.  Among the possible problems mentioned in a certain bulletin are: 

One or more Power Door Locks inoperative. You may hear relay(s) clicking with this concern.

Rear Window Washer inoperative.

Power Mirrors inoperative.

Loss of Memory Seat Module communication.

Power Seat(s) inoperative.

I fixed my non-operating rear washer by tightening it.  Also, my rear doors would not lock/unlock electrically.  I fixed that one by properly seating the door lock fuse in the IP block.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have an SLE and it looks completely different than the pictures you posted. I'll try to take some pics tomorrow. I assume that big bump is for the subwoofer? (I don't have Bose)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts