GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering where everyone stores their wireless headphones and remote control for the DVD player?
The potential locations I’ve found are:
  • Center Console, beneath the change holder
  • Pockets in the side doors
  • Mesh pocket on the back of the driver and passenger seat

As for me, I keep putting them back in the cardboard box they arrived in. ;D
I find the center console too tedious; I don’t like putting things in the door pockets since they rattle around when the doors are opened and closed; and the mesh pockets on the back of the seats aren’t really large enough acceptably hold the headphones (plus the user manuals warns not to store them here, the fold down seats will hit it)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I use the pockets in the side doors for the earphones, but they only seem to fit one way or they will fall out. Frankly, I can't remember where in the **# :help: I put the remote.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The headphones are under the front seats for me. The remote fits nicely in the seat back pocket.

The headphone also fit nicely under the second row captains chairs. For people with longer arms this is okay. For my three year old under the front passenger seat works well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Having the bench seat in the second row works great for the remote. The fold down center armrest has a built in storage area that is the perfect size for the remote. As for the headphones, I have the kids store them behind the second row in the 3rd row cup holders. Works great as long as I am no one is in the 3rd row... and if they are, they probably will be wearing them.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Mine is just like Dan's - Remote in the back pocket of the driver's seat, one headphone under the front passenger seat. The 2nd headphone stays in the compartment under the rear deck since it's rarely used.

·
Registered
132 Posts
We keep them in the house since we don't let the boys use the DVD player unless we are on a trip. If it's not in the car, they aren't tempted to ask for it and they can't get broken.

·
Registered
405 Posts
i hang mine on the little hooks in the third row.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Remote- 2nd row bench armrest-- thought it might rattle and I would need to wrap bubble wrap around it, but has not been a problem. We have a 2.5 y/o, so she can't use the remote anyway right now, we just control from the stereo.

Headphones- Both pairs currently in glove box. In the case where one stops working we want easy access to #2.

On the last trip, when pair #1 was not being used, I put in drivers door pocket.

I will admit to some disappointment in GMC for not providing a spot more tailor made for these. Clearly the chicks who designed the Rendevous could have come over and given a smart storage space for these headphones, but the car has enough.

One place that would make sense, would be to have the cupholders in the rear of the center console be a flexible space which could be collapsable cupholders or a sliding drawer for the headphones. For that matter, do you need 6 cupholders for row 2 (or 8!!!! if you have the bench with armrest)??

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought a cheap camera bag and store them behind the rear seat in the bag. This also provides storage for extra batteries...for when the lil' darlings leave them on.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
With all of these questions, what happened to the "bin" that was in between the two captain's chairs? When we first saw the Acadia at the Auto Show and in some early pictures, it had a built in console. I liked that. Maybe they will bring that back as an add on?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
The enclave has a 2nd row console available as an option, but so far, no mention of it for the Acadia.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
The one I saw looked a little like the one you can get for the Expidition. I don't like the Outlook one, too rounded. Oh,well if that is the only complaint I have it MUST be a good car!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glove compartment of course! I have to be able to hand my kids the headphones when they need them. Otherwise they drop them and I can't reach them while driving!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought 2 little clip-on, velcro shut bags at the dollar store that go around the front headrest posts and hang down in front of the kids. Holds the headsets as well as the remote and can get a small case of DVD's in one of them as well.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We store our headphones in the 2nd row console and the remote is clipped to the top of the pocket on the back of one of the front seats. :thumb:

·
Registered
102 Posts
No idea where the remote is... my kids were to little to use it when we got the Acadia 2 years ago.... as for the headphones... when we first got it, they stayed in the storage in the hatch area... the kids hated them (they were to big to stay on their heads). Now that they are a little older, we keep moving them around, I want them in easy reach so when the kids want them they can be easily gotten. We have tried in the mesh on the back of the front seats, in the glove compartment,in the pocket on the door, in the third row cup holders. So far, the place I like the best is the glove compartment, it allows me to control if they can have them or not and keeps them from getting banged around in the back. I found they never stayed put in either the door pocket or the rear cup holders. It is still not my ideal as I can't really store anything else in the glove compartment, but its what I think works best.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I actually keep ours in the original box stored in the concealed small compartment behind the third row - the one you lift up the panel to access. We rarely use them - great investment :mad:

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
We have 6 total. 1 in storage between front seats. 1 in the glove compartment. 4 in the rear storage.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the DVD's located in the front seat headrests (dealer installed). I have several questions I need help with. Can you play the sound for a DVD over the vehicle's speaker system? How? Secondly, I can't seen to get the remote to work. Can you use a universal remote? What code would you need? Can't seem to find a brand name on units. The manual says the following: REV2/2G/3 Models 0701-AX, BX, AG,AM. Can anyone help? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
centurion said:
I have the DVD's located in the front seat headrests (dealer installed). I have several questions I need help with. Can you play the sound for a DVD over the vehicle's speaker system? How? Secondly, I can't seen to get the remote to work. Can you use a universal remote? What code would you need? Can't seem to find a brand name on units. The manual says the following: REV2/2G/3 Models 0701-AX, BX, AG,AM. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Yes you can play them through car speakers using FM modulator.

I think this thread will help some. If not search fm modulator

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=4075.0

1 - 20 of 21 Posts