GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is GMC going to offer a decent rebate on these vehicles(not $500)???
I would guess this is GMC's best seller BUT Acadia sales were down 30% in May-------I am waiting for June's numbers to come out.
I will have to wait for the 09's to come out and then maybe they will offer better rebates/incentives????

Dave

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Hopefully never. Or at least not until they come out with a totally new car making the one they are discounting obsolete already and really worth the huge discount. Part of the reason that Honda's and others hold their value, is because they don't deep discount.

I have heard that GM is trying to get into this mode, and I hope for all Acadia owners that the deep discounts never come and when it is time to trade in for another, we actually have a car that is worth something.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gar
I agree with your thinking BUT this may not be the best time for GMC to try market research. They, like Ford and Mopar are hanging on by a thread.
JMHO

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Another reason sales might have been down in May was the strike at the LDT plant. 3+ weeks without production will make a dent in sales, especially one like the Acadia that seems to be custom ordered a lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
GAR said:
Hopefully never. Or at least not until they come out with a totally new car making the one they are discounting obsolete already and really worth the huge discount. . . snip
Unfortuantely, GM has cancelled the next gen Acadia. You can read about it here.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I have been posing this question for a long time on this forum. And there would seemingly be ample examples of a lagging economy, etc. to justify better discounts / rebates. Unfortunately, the Acadia has been a good seller, and has met a need from larger SUV owners wishing to downsize. And as if the continuing "$500 rebates" weren't enough to make me frown, the recent news of the approx. 3.5% price increases for 2009 GM model vehicles is!

Smooth <><[/color]

·
Registered
339 Posts
reverse said:
GAR said:
Hopefully never. Or at least not until they come out with a totally new car making the one they are discounting obsolete already and really worth the huge discount. . . snip
Unfortuantely, GM has cancelled the next gen Acadia. You can read about it here.
I would be careful to so matter of factly quote speculation of that nature. GMInsideNews.com is just a rumor mill site and isn't actual fact being announced from GM itself. It may be correct, but they could have gotten an incorrect rumor. Wouldn't be the first time they've been wrong...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am holding out for better rebates/incentives--------------I will wait until the 2009 become available then buy a 2008 if need be. I want to see the sales numbers for June!!!! I am guessing they will be down at least 30% or more!!!! I may be wrong????????

JMHO

Dave

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was in the same boat and found that the 2008s in colors with options I was looking for were starting to dry up a bit. The $500 + the $500 conquest cash helped and the dealer was very resaonable on trade and vehicle price. You can wait........and wait.......but the colors, options, and styles won't all be there forever (as far as 2008 goes). And I really don't see incentives being thrown around for the Acadia.

Enclaves aren't plentiful in these parts, so I think they'll hold the line on those too. There seem to be lots and lots of Outlooks available, and I can see them increasing incentives.

My 2 cents, on a day that my Acadia came home to Daddy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.