GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
I would say more like October or November. GM is releasing the Enclave as a 2008 and will probably want it to be on the market by itself as a 2008 for a few months. I wonder what changes are going to made for 2008? Probably only color choices. I'm thinking that they might offer a tan leather interior option. Does anyone have any concrete info?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
No news, but with all the delays, I kinda expect mine to be a 2008!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
2008? Sheesh - from the posts on this forum people can't even get their 2007s in a reasonable amount of time yet. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
mckcab said:
No news, but with all the delays, I kinda expect mine to be a 2008!
10 weeks and still waiting! :banghead:

I'm with you might as well be 2008's! Shall we start our own website for the "Acadialess Ones"!! I'm just jealous of all those that have gotten theirs already!!! :sosad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
I doubt if you will see any substantive changes for 2008. I don't think you will see tan. Rarely do you see mid-level GMs with more than 3 interior choices-- the absence of tan was a negative for us, but we wanted the Acadia more than we wanted an Outlook with tan. I bet GM will leave tan to Saturn and Buick for now at least.

I would look for the rear camera to be an option, and maybe for headrest DVDs to be an option.

There may be no changes. It is even odd that they have a 2007, since it wasn't out until Jan, a lot of makers would have just called that the 2008 and be done with it. I know our Grand Cherokee was made in March 03, but was a 2004, having been produced after a model change which occurred right around the beginning of 03.

We went 2007, and don't regret it even though ours is about 3 weeks out. We wanted the new car for this summer's trips... and my wife and I both think that the SLT2s will probably have a base price of $40k by 2009, s if there isn't a price increase for the 08's I would be a little surprised if they still cannot keep them on the lot in October, November timeframe. A lot of dealers may be going MSRP+4k or so on the 2008s anyway if there are any 2007s around before they go discounting the 07s.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Information on the 2008 Acadia & Outlook will be posted by GM on April 30th.

From there, the following is from GM for the Acadia/Outlook:
Last day to order a 2007: March 23, 2007
Start of 2008 production: June 18, 2007

And, just for the record, the Enclave:
Start of 2008 (and all) production: April 2, 2007

All according to:
http://fleetnews.gmcanada.com/news_flash/en/production_schedules.shtml#TopOfPage

So, looks like the ordering banks will be closing soon for 2007's, followed by the information and ordering availability of 2008's in late April, early May.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
Wow, that's VERY soon. Great find, caddycruiser! I wonder if this holds true for US production as well. Any idea if there's a US equivalent website?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Does anyone know what, if any changes or additions, the 2008 acaida will have??? ???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,762 Posts
I've heard absolutely nothing so far... but we'll post it here the minute we find out! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
What happens if you ordered a 2007 and your vehicle wasn't produced by 2/23? ??? I wonder if I will have to renegotiate a completely new order for the 2008. Very Interesting!!!! :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
caddycruiser said:
Information on the 2008 Acadia & Outlook will be posted by GM on April 30th.

From there, the following is from GM for the Acadia/Outlook:
Last day to order a 2007: March 23, 2007
Start of 2008 production: June 18, 2007

And, just for the record, the Enclave:
Start of 2008 (and all) production: April 2, 2007

All according to:
http://fleetnews.gmcanada.com/news_flash/en/production_schedules.shtml#TopOfPage

So, looks like the ordering banks will be closing soon for 2007's, followed by the information and ordering availability of 2008's in late April, early May.
Thanks for the great info--I am calling my Sales Mgr. today to see if my order will be a 2007 or 2008. I am being facetious!!!! :angel: I ordered 1/5/07 and still no vehicle in sight!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
janmarie said:
What happens if you ordered a 2007 and your vehicle wasn't produced by 2/23? ??? I wonder if I will have to renegotiate a completely new order for the 2008. Very Interesting!!!! :confused:
GM will continue building 07s up until 1-2 weeks before production of 08s on 6-18-07. GM usually shuts production down at end of model year for a week or two to do maintence and update the production line for the next year's model

They will stop taking orders after 23 Mar because they estimate they have enough orders to keep the plant busy until early June. So your car should be an 07--now the question your dealer doesn't seem to be able to answer is "why the delay?"

Good luck.

002
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
002 said:
janmarie said:
What happens if you ordered a 2007 and your vehicle wasn't produced by 2/23? ??? I wonder if I will have to renegotiate a completely new order for the 2008. Very Interesting!!!! :confused:
GM will continue building 07s up until 1-2 weeks before production of 08s on 6-18-07. GM usually shuts production down at end of model year for a week or two to do maintence and update the production line for the next year's model

They will stop taking orders after 23 Mar because they estimate they have enough orders to keep the plant busy until early June. So your car should be an 07--now the question your dealer doesn't seem to be able to answer is "why the delay?"

Good luck.

002
Thanks for the info. I left a message for the Sales Mgr. to call, but as usual, he doesn't respond promptly. I have a feeling that my White Diamond Tricoat is the hold-up--even though the order was accepted when that color was not on constraint--it went on constraint shortly after that. It just might be on constraint until the 2008's. :banghead: :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
admin said:
Wow, that's VERY soon. Great find, caddycruiser! I wonder if this holds true for US production as well. Any idea if there's a US equivalent website?
No US equivalent website for whatever reason, but that really has no impact on the dates--the model year changes are exactly the same for both US and Canada. For very obvious reasons :)

Thanks for the info. I left a message for the Sales Mgr. to call, but as usual, he doesn't respond promptly. I have a feeling that my White Diamond Tricoat is the hold-up--even though the order was accepted when that color was not on constraint--it went on constraint shortly after that. It just might be on constraint until the 2008's. :banghead: :banghead:
They've been building White Diamond for some time now, and it's early enough that if you're order is in--regardless of delay--it's still going to be a 2007 model. Just might be building them slower, that's all.

Gmoney_2010 said:
Does anyone know what, if any changes or additions, the 2008 acaida will have??? ???
Yet AGAIN, and as I started my last post with, information will be posted and released for all GM 2008 vehicles on April 30th. Otherwise, nothing but random rumors, if anything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
I received an e-mail from a Lambda product manager at GM 2-3 weeks ago that a rear view camera will be offered on the Acadia in 2008; this wasn't surprising to me, since it will be included on the Enclave. I do not know if other changes are planned, but certainly the rear view camera will be a welcome option in view of the limited rear view visibility. Other changes I'd love to see would be the availability of bluetooth, rain sensing wipers, electroluminescent guage lighting, and amber rear turn signals, but I'm not holding my breath that any of these will be offered this coming year. Time will tell...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Could you email them and have them tell you what else the 2008's will have??
they probably wont tell you but its worth a try!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Bluetooth will not be an options with the 2008 I would guess. Its a poor decision IMO. The see bluetooth hands free for your cell as a competitor to OnStar. I think I heard that to off set that the struck a deal with veriozon to be an extra $10 a month on your verizon bill and the minutes go against your current verizon bill or something like that. so for those of us with Sprint it doesn't do much good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
We just added Verizon on our Acadia yesterday, became active today. Cost is $9.99 on the family plan. Same benefits as the Verizon plan. Free Verizon to Verizon, free nights and weekends. Minutes depend on your plan. My wife has Verizon and I have Sprint for different reasons. As stated, Sprint is not usable with OnStar.

What I just found out this evening according to OnStar is that with Verizon, you don't get the Virtual Advisor. No traffic, stock quotes etc.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top