GMC Acadia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
The Aluminum Wheels are quite a bit lighter than the equivalent size in steel. This leads to a reduction in "un - sprung Weight". Any reduction in "un - sprung" weight improves handling and fuel economy.
But you no longer find the equivalent sizes in steel. I grew up driving cars with 14/15" wheels, now everything is 19/20" wheels.

·
Registered
31 Posts
But you no longer find the equivalent sizes in steel. I grew up driving cars with 14/15" wheels, now everything is 19/20" wheels.
Yep..me too...but now we have 40 - 55 aspect ratios on even mundane cars and SUVs. Steel wheels would be so much heavier to handle these tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just now noticing this same peeling on my Acadia (2018 SLT-1 w/ 35k miles). Looks very similar to a lot of the photos posted here. Taking it into the dealership tomorrow for the dreaded "Shift to Park" issue, so hopefully they can knock out this CPO warranty work as well...

I've had the worst luck with new/like new cars, doesn't seem like I can go 6 months without problems popping up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just now noticing this same peeling on my Acadia (2018 SLT-1 w/ 35k miles). Looks very similar to a lot of the photos posted here. Taking it into the dealership tomorrow for the dreaded "Shift to Park" issue, so hopefully they can knock out this CPO warranty work as well...

I've had the worst luck with new/like new cars, doesn't seem like I can go 6 months without problems popping up.
Good luck...might not be a bad idea to call GM Customer Service and involve them before you go.1 (866) 522-9559 Good Luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
UPDATE: Just received a call from my Dealer/Service manager...New Wheels have arrived!! Now we schedule the day and time to have them swapped out !!(y):cool:
Great news. My trip to the dealer today resulted in photos being sent off to GMC for their feedback. Hopefully because I've already spoken to GMC Customer Service they can link the two reports together and get the wheels replaced under warranty. We shall see....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great news. My trip to the dealer today resulted in photos being sent off to GMC for their feedback. Hopefully because I've already spoken to GMC Customer Service they can link the two reports together and get the wheels replaced under warranty. We shall see....
If your's works like mine...you should have an approval in a few days...at that time your dealer will let you know and order the new wheels...only took less than a week to get mine.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
UPDATE: Just received a call from my Dealer/Service manager...New Wheels have arrived!! Now we schedule the day and time to have them swapped out !!(y):cool:
Good to hear and thanks for your follow up. Thanks to you and others, I'll be watching our 2019 Acadia wheels. We really love the color that cam with our since it compliments the body color . . .

Reactions: gotech777

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Good to hear and thanks for your follow up. Thanks to you and others, I'll be watching our 2019 Acadia wheels. We really love the color that cam with our since it compliments the body color . . .
View attachment 9255
That looks sharp alright. Black chrome?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That looks sharp alright. Black chrome?
The wheels are just the stock painted aluminum that came with the 2017-19 SLT-1. They happen to be close to the Smokey Quartz body color. But they are the painted aluminum with clear coat over the color so hoping they don't peel like some others are.

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
The wheels are just the stock painted aluminum that came with the 2017-19 SLT-1. They happen to be close to the Smokey Quartz body color. But they are the painted aluminum with clear coat over the color so hoping they don't peel like some others are.
Question... are those chrome pieces on the grill, on the grill? IOW, is your grill the same as mine (black plastic), with chrome overlay pieces (2 sided tape, glued) on it from the factory? Never noticed the line before with the chrome grill units...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Question... are those chrome pieces on the grill, on the grill? IOW, is your grill the same as mine (black plastic), with chrome overlay pieces (2 sided tape, glued) on it from the factory? Never noticed the line before with the chrome grill units...
View attachment 9256

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
View attachment 9256
The Chrome strips seem like they are overlays snapped(?) onto the black grille. I can't tell for sure, except that they are a separate part from the black plastic.

Acadia Frt SM Avtr.jpg

Reactions: Grantv

·
Registered
34 Posts
I noticed this happening on one of my wheels the other day (same wheel has it happening in 2 spots) that looks the same as the pics posted. I’ll bring it up on my next oil change.

I’ve never had so many issues with a single vehicle before. This is becoming painful on all the stuff that keeps seeming to happen...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I noticed this happening on one of my wheels the other day (same wheel has it happening in 2 spots) that looks the same as the pics posted. I’ll bring it up on my next oil change.

I’ve never had so many issues with a single vehicle before. This is becoming painful on all the stuff that keeps seeming to happen...
Eventually our vehicles will be entirely rebuilt ?

OT for the thread but my issues so far (CPO 2018) - Shift to park (2x repairs so far), peeling wheels (waiting on GMC to confirm warranty work), dash cowl warped and started to pull up (replaced at dealer; how does something warp in less than 2 years?), abundance of headliner rattles (resulted in dealer replacing headliner console, muffled a few of them on my own including the common sunroof rattle).

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

Hoe many miles in your Acadia? What kind of car washes do you take it through? In a hot climate or do the wheels get hit with road salt or sand? Trying to determine what factors may initiate the peeling?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

How many miles in your Acadia? What kind of car washes do you take it through? In a hot climate or do the wheels get hit with road salt or sand? Trying to determine what factors may initiate the peeling?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

How many miles in your Acadia? What kind of car washes do you take it through? In a hot climate or do the wheels get hit with road salt or sand? Trying to determine what factors may initiate the peeling?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This forum caused the multiple posts above. Gets a long delay. . .. then "oops" message,
Finally, after refreshing the page. . . I see it made 3 posts. They should fix this. It does this a lot at different times of day.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts