GMC Acadia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine are doing the same thing on my 2017 Acadia Denali although not as bad as those photos posted above. Mine are more close to the edges and you can see the coloring is coming off. This happening pretty obvious on 3 out of 4 of my wheels...sounds like they are going to be getting me 3 wheels under warranty (my warranty expires in Feb 2020). I really wish they'd just replace all 4...hopefully the color is correct and they all match.

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali Summit White/Ebony leather
15 Posts
Hello all.

20 inch chrome clad wheels with the painted recess sections - the paint has started peeling from the recesses. Is there a way to correct this?

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
Other option is removing the paint altogether and taking the surface down to the chrome cladding.

·
Registered
2011 Acadia Denali Summit White/Ebony leather
15 Posts
Other option is removing the paint altogether and taking the surface down to the chrome cladding.
I think this is probably going to be the path of least resistance.

Has anyone else done this with any success, and if so what tips if any can you give so I don’t mess up the cladding surface?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2018 has the same issue. Taking for oil change next week. I assume there isn’t a TSB or any GM documentation to reference this issue at this point? I have run mine through the car wash a few times, but never any curb rash or anything like that. I’ll let you know if the de agree to replace the wheels under warranty.

2018 GMC Acadia SLT 1 FWD

·
Banned
614 Posts
sigh - - - Paint peeling off wheels . . . Now another thing to "keep an eye" on my 2019 SLT-1 as well.
Let's see . . . transmission 2 - 3 gear shift flare
"Shift to Park" message snafu . . .
I know there are a few more +2017 potential issues . .. . What am I missing? 🧐

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
sigh - - - Paint peeling off wheels . . . Now another thing to "keep an eye" on my 2019 SLT-1 as well.
Let's see . . . transmission 2 - 3 gear shift flare
"Shift to Park" message snafu . . .
I know there are a few more +2017 potential issues . .. . What am I missing? 🧐
Fortunately none are first world problems.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Huh? They are all 1st World Problems. . they are happening here and not in Slovenia or something. lol
Oh . . . yeah. . forgot the "ruptured oil cooler lines" and engine oil pan pump. .

·
Super Moderator
19,057 Posts
... I’ll let you know if the de agree to replace the wheels under warranty.
Please do that. Don't expect the dealer to replace all the wheels, though. They're only obligated to replace any one found to have a factory defect. I've read a few horror stories about replacement wheel color not matching what was originally on the vehicle. Hope it won't happen with your warranty claim.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Huh? They are all 1st World Problems. . they are happening here and not in Slovenia or something. lol
Oh . . . yeah. . forgot the "ruptured oil cooler lines" and engine oil pan pump. .
Are you serious about those last two ... oil cooler lines and oil pan pump?

·
Banned
614 Posts
My 2018 has the same issue. Taking for oil change next week. I assume there isn’t a TSB or any GM documentation to reference this issue at this point? I have run mine through the car wash a few times, but never any curb rash or anything like that. I’ll let you know if the de agree to replace the wheels under warranty.

2018 GMC Acadia SLT 1 FWD
There were a number of owners who had issues with the Denali wheels. Now it seems to have migrated to other Acadia painted wheels. Sounds like bad prep pr paint process.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Are you serious about those last two ... oil cooler lines and oil pan pump?
Well. . only in Canada (supposedly) where they issued a TSB and something about the oil pressure being too high when the oil was really cold.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have
There were a number of owners who had issues with the Denali wheels. Now it seems to have migrated to other Acadia painted wheels. Sounds like bad prep pr paint process.
One of the wheels on my '18 SLT has about a 1 square inch of discoloration. I had the dealer make a note of it but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

·
Banned
614 Posts
I'll be watching the wheels on ours. So far, have not noticed anything but it isn't even a year old.
Wondering if certain car washes or sitting outside and subjected to road salt and other harsh conditions contribute to it?

41 - 60 of 77 Posts