GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Acadia has the optional 19" wheels. I want to get a set of wheel locks for them, has anybody seen them on any of the aftermarket sites or will some other wheel size locks fit them? :confused:
I would imagine the set of wheels and tires for this must list at $4K since the optional wheels alone aftermarket list at near $3K, so it is worth the effort if one is not to help support the local druggies' habits.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I popped off the center cover on the 19's on my Acadia, just regular lug nuts, so I guess I will order a set of locks from www.gmparthouse.com if they can offer a GM issue that will work. The price of a new set of wheels and tires has to be huge! :confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
jrc50 said:
I popped off the center cover on the 19's on my Acadia, just regular lug nuts, so I guess I will order a set of locks from www.gmparthouse.com if they can offer a GM issue that will work. The price of a new set of wheels and tires has to be huge! :confused:
Since the lugs are hidden under the cap, they don't have to match the chromes ones that show on the 18 inch wheels. I would expect you can get wheel locks that fit and any parts store.

As for my thoughts on wheel locks, I pay GEICO to worry about that. I did have a set of MAGs stolen off my 1965 Olds 442 in the late 60's. I called the police and the insurance company (Nationwide at that time) and the next day had new wheels and new tires.

That's what insurance is for. (I do have them on my motorcycle trailer's chrome wheels, though!)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
The problem I have found with wheel locks is so many people and businesses have the key. That doesn't give me much of a sense of security.

Kelly

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So much for the wheel locks, Gene at GM Parts House says they do not offer them for smaller than 20" wheels, so I will check out the aftermarket. :eek:

·
Registered
683 Posts
McGard's is one of the most well-known makers of wheel locks. They are sure to have something that will work.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imgntht,
Any recommendations on where to get them? :confused:

·
Registered
306 Posts
jrc50 said:
imgntht,
Any recommendations on where to get them? :confused:
jrc50,
You can also go to any of the national auto parts stores such as Advance Auto Parts, Auto Zone, Pep Boys.

You can find the one near you at there web site:
http://advanceauto.know-where.com/advance-auto-parts/
http://pepboysstorelocator.shoplocal.com/pepboys/store_finder.aspx?action=storefindernuep
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=ST001&UserAction=displayStoreLocator

Since they probably don't have much in their data bases for the Acadia yet, and so that you don't have to find out the thread and lug size, just take off one lug nut (some of them will do it for you) and they will use the lug on the display in the store to determine the size you need--then you can get the ones that are right for you.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Kelly,
I think you're new name should be Yoda :sunny: You are the all knowing Acadia owner!! (maybe 002 is Obi)

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Thanks (I think). ;D

Actually, many auto dealers sell these locks. My (recently sold) MDX and my wife's Lexus both came with McGard locks.

Kelly

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a GM Update,
On one of the parts sites GM now shows #17801711 with chrome lug nuts and locks for (4) wheels at $169.00 list! Ouch. :banghead:Don't need chrome with 19's anyway as they are under a center cap

·
Registered
306 Posts
jrc50 said:
Here is a GM Update,
On one of the parts sites GM now shows #17801711 with chrome lug nuts and locks for (4) wheels at $169.00 list! Ouch. :banghead:Don't need chrome with 19's anyway as they are under a center cap
They must be really really nice!! (Normal retail for 20 chrome lugs and 6 locks with the key should be about $65).

Sounds more like something Harley-Davidson would sell at that price!

·
Registered
306 Posts
gamoon said:
I bought the McGard wheel locks this weekend and they work perfect.
I assume they were cheaper than the GM "platinum" ones?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts