GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kjf said:
Racefla said:
On the 2nd row just above the grab handle, is a hook looking thingy.

Anyone know?
Dry cleaning or other clothes on hangers.

Kelly
No not the 3rd row clothes hook. Great for hanging the headphones BTW.

Open the row 2 door. Grab the grab handle, 3.5 inches up, 2 from the window. A hook.
I don't think its going to handle any dry cleaning :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nothing in the owners manual on any of those hooks.

You can use them for anything you like!! (or NOT use them if you choose!)

·
Registered
619 Posts
How about posting a pic of it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't think it would work for a jacket - it's too close to the door -- and the opening of the hook is too small. Almost looks like it would be for a cargo cover or something like that???

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
Some vehicles have a safety net or barricade that can be set up behind the second row to keep cargo from flying forward in the event of an accident. Kind of looks like it may be designed for that, although I can't find a reference in the owners manual.

Kelly

·
Registered
200 Posts
At the St Louis auto show I talked with 2 GM spokesmen. One of them said it was for drycleaning...no way...the angle will not allow you to close the door. The other told me it was for hanging plastic bags from the grocery store. Then a customer at the auto show told me it was for the headsets that come with the DVD player...who knows the real answer!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about the headphones...maybe it's the plastic grocery bag theory...who knows. My salesperson at my GMC dealership also told me it was for a suit jacket...hanging the "tag loop" on it.

I love hooks...so I'm sure I can find a way to hang something from there!

·
Registered
37 Posts
If there's one on the other side of the car, you could hang a rod across with the seat down, and load it up with clothes on hangers. Don't tell my wife or she'll think it's more closet space and head for the mall! :'(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Actually I thought of that - but it is too close to the front seats for that to work. (I'm all about the mall thing btw...hee hee hee)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe it's for the kids to break off so you have to replace that entire piece of plastic that runs along the B pillar??? Ha.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts