GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit 10 weeks waiting for my vehicle today and I had enough. I camped out at the dealer and talked with the manager. He was very polite and found out that my new Acadia hopped a rail car to Michegan from the factory, not Boston as it was intended. (Silly Acadia, I should have ordered the Nav. I guess.)

He said they have been calling for two weeks to try and figure out why my vehicle was "bayed" twice. It was basically "lost". It's now supposed to be on a railcar to Boston and that process may take a couple weeks, which will put me right about 3 months since I ordered. :banghead:

We didn't talk specifics, but he said he would take care of me. Any thoughts on what I should either ask for, or expect for this additional delay? All my paperwork is filled out, I've just been waiting for my new ride. Thoughts?

Ps - He said the 2008's were not yet being built and would not be built until the 2 week vacation the first two weeks of Augustl.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Now you have me worried! I was told to expect mine sometime this week. I have a vin number, wonder if I can hook into onstar and report it stolen and see where they find it? Maybe it eloped with yours

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a VIN for four weeks and the sales paperwork for over two weeks. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you mean it never made it out of Michigan? They are built here.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought they are made in South Carolina?

·
Registered
132 Posts
No, they are made in Lansing, Michigan.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Cravenfan said:
Any thoughts on what I should either ask for, or expect for this additional delay?
awww c'mon man! I'm getting tired of waiting for a happy ending for you.;D

the following will be good:
a FREE service maintenance for x? months(or years) or at least a discount
Additional tank/s of gas
upgraded vehicle options (things that can be easily added in the dealership, i.e side step assist etc, larger wheels/tires)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'd expect one of the following:

1) Cancellation of the current deal
1a) The same exact deal on an equivalent model already on their lot
1b) Delivery TODAY

or

2) Cancellation of the current deal. Period.

Bought mine off the lot and I've been driving it for almost 2 months. No one specific car is worth the BS that you've had to tolerate all this time. You've been MORE than reasonable, but enough is enough.

·
Registered
730 Posts
i agree BUT he has already waited for 10 bloody weeks :angryfire:! Another waiting week or so PLUS some goodies does not hurt anymore considering all the sufferings he experience while the wait.
If you cancel, all those waiting weeks were meant for nothing :banghead:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, there is not one on the lot that I like, with the options I "need". :sosad: Hey, what's a few more weeks? :'(

·
Registered
251 Posts
kram said:
i agree BUT he has already waited for 10 bloody weeks :angryfire:! Another waiting week or so PLUS some goodies does not hurt anymore considering all the sufferings he experience while the wait.
If you cancel, all those waiting weeks were meant for nothing :banghead:
But you're also assuming that he will actually have it in another week. Or so. Or whenever. If ever.

That's a leap of faith I haven't taken. After all, the thing was supposed to have been sitting in Boston for how many weeks now?? And now the truth is that it was actually in a completely different part of the country? Who knows if that's even true?

I understand where you're coming from. All I'm saying is that at some point, one has to cut their losses and walk away. Ya can't just go on having yer chain yanked indefinitely.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There was an article just this week in the Wall Street Journal about Detroit having far too many car dealers. I think they call it being "overdealered".

GM, Ford and Chrysler are all in the same boat, but GM by far has the most dealers per sales dollar (or market share). Basically, this means they are very inefficient and competing with themselves.

There is a high-level plan to cut the number of dealerships, but (naturally) the dealers themselves are fighting against it.

Maybe in the long run we can all hope that some of the worst dealers will be the ones who are closed down when the Big 3 finally do their dealership consolidation.

btw, I switched dealerships during the shopping/decision-making process. The 1st one wouldn't even give me a firm MSRP price when I asked. The salesman had to call for the manager, who wrote down some vague, indecipherable scribbles on a napkin (for real!). The second place was much more straight-forward to deal with, and I bought from them. The first guys were so clueless and bad, that I doubt if they even realize (or care) that they are driving customers away.

Good luck, Cravenfan, with your eventual delivery. I hope you see a car very soon.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not sure I would ask the dealership for anything. I mean, are they responsible for it being in the wrong place? Unless they're not telling you the truth, which you may never know. What I DO know is that you're one very patient person. ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Are you sure your dealer is on the up and up? The Acadia and all Lambda's are built in Michigan, how could it hop a train and end up in Michigan? Did it even ship yet? If I remember you were told earlier the vehicle was in a rail yard in Mass. Maybe they are trying to cover their mistake/lie.

You have signed the paper work and no vehicle yet, have you started to make payments yet?

See if they would give you a set of all weather mats or any other accessory you may want for the Acadia.

·
Registered
730 Posts
johnway said:
You have signed the paper work and no vehicle yet, have you started to make payments yet?
now we are talking about making payments already ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Kinda stuck now. we are in the dead zone between 07 and 08. Good luck finding selection on the lot right now. I considered that myself and checked. 8 FWD acadias in all of Western Washngton and most are SLE or SLT-1. I ordered SLT-2. If you cancel the deal it may be another 2 months before the 08s show up. You are up the creek without an Acadia. Seems they should offer you something. Maybe one of the new key fob things! Extra year of Onstar or XM? Been wondering on mine if the Onstar and XM clocks are already running as I signed papers 3 weeks ago. Already got a call from GM on how I like the car. I said I would let them know once they actually delivered one.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Keith said:
Already got a call from GM on how I like the car. I said I would let them know once they actually delivered one.
I'm really enjoying this. ;D ;D
Of course, not at the expense of our fellow forumers who's still waiting for their vehicles.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ps - He said the 2008's were not yet being built and would not be built until the 2 week vacation the first two weeks of April.
april? do you mean august? they're not going to build the 2008's until when??????

Heather

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the dealer is responsible to a certain extent as far as at least following up on this in a reasonable time frame. I mean they really could've and should've found out that it was stuck somewhere a long time ago. What would it have taken? A few phone calls?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yup meant August.

I'll keep a list going:

- Free oil changes.
- I already have a set of all weather mats and the roof cross bars thrown in from the original deal.
- I ordered a tri-fold mat for the back at dealer cost, I'll be getting that free now, believe me.
- Didn't order the XM, I have Sirius.
- Onstar another year is something to think about.
- I signed the paperwork three weeks ago, but no payments (besides the $1000 deposit they have had for 10 weeks).
- I've had the VIN for three weeks, so it was indeed produced.

What else should I think about? I'll go in loaded for bear and if I get a few items, that will work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts