GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washed the car for the 1st time yesterday. I like to grab a soft brush and try to wipe down as much of the undercarriage as I can reach. Thre is a Black Square Rail, that hangs down about 3", it is about 8 - 10" in from the side, and just seems to hang there?

1. It looks like it is a disaster waiting to happen ?
2. Is it there to protect the exhaust pipe from getting bashed ?

Also - for anybody who also likes to clean the undercarriage - watch your knuckles - by the time I was done I had more blood than soap on my hands. There are a lot of sharp edges under there.

Finally - about 650 miles, and about 2 1/2 weeks old - and this thing has been PERFECT ! What is even more fun is my friend that just bought an MDX complaining about having to use High-Test! ! !

·
Registered
405 Posts
is it just under the drivers side. it sounds like eather the starter box or a point were a tech can set a lift if they have to. but what it really does sound like is the starter box. Ever try to do a remote start and you here this wine 2 seconds before it starts. i think that is were the wine comes from.

·
Registered
99 Posts
rollin thunder said:
i think that is were the wine comes from.
A box under the Acadia that has wine? I've got to go check this out immediately!!! :wine:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Racefla

BUT - we still do not know for sure what this does ?

Oh Well - just seems kind of wierd.

·
Registered
306 Posts
BigGuy said:
Im pretty sure that the "wine" sound is from the fuel pump turning on just before the starter kicks in.
Intrigueme,

I do believe we need spellchecker on this Forum.

It does keep me smilin' though (or is it thow?).

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
That would have actually made it through a spell checker ;) There is a spell check option on here, but it requires a PHP library that is non-standard and isn't included on my web host. Maybe I can email them and ask to load it. Or you could use Firefox with its kick *** built in spell checker and have it on every website in the world ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
admin said:
That would have actually made it through a spell checker ;) There is a spell check option on here, but it requires a PHP library that is non-standard and isn't included on my web host. Maybe I can email them and ask to load it. Or you could use Firefox with its kick *** built in spell checker and have it on every website in the world ;)
I like it just the way it is. . . very entertaining!

·
Registered
405 Posts
that post turned out nothing like i planned it. :-\

i do have a spell checker and i can only use it when i am on my laptop or work computer. because i have a mac and i like safari better when i am on the mac.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I believe the driver side rail is to help protect the plastic fuel tank (which hangs with its bottom a couple of inches below the chassis.
The rail on the passenger side was probably to help protect the compressor lines for the rear seat air conditioner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.