GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 2007 Acadia within the next 12 days (lease ending) and would like some feedback on pricing. Looking in California at either buying or leasing a....

SLT-1 AWD w/:

CONVENIENCE PKG
XM Satellite Radio
HEAD UP DISPLAY
SUNROOF

Don't need: CARGO PKG, DVD, NAV, Trailering Package, CARGO AREA AUDIO CONTROLS, TRAILER PROVISIONS

Not sure if I want to Buy or Lease. Drive 21K miles per year. Looking to find the best deal out there because I just got engaged and have to pay for a wedding in the next 14months. Found a SLT-1 FWD with 14K on it for 30K but not sold on FWD. And with the 2008 coming, I would think there would be some deals out there, am I wrong? Should I buy or lease?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Down to the wire here, have to turn in my Touareg on 7/10, so have to get something real soon. Help!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know nothing about leasing so can't speak to that.

edmunds says invoice pricing on your list of required options (assuming no extra cost color) is $35,566 including destination charge, not including ad fees (my ad fees were $411)

I found that dealers wanted to charge more for 07's sitting on the lot (new) than for ordering 08 models. But it wasn't a lot more, about $400- $800 more. Strange. The used models I found (very few) were being sold at invoice price or just slightly under. I consider that insane... I personally think $30k is high for a FWD with 14k miles, I would negotiate down a little, use edmunds for pricing it out and look at KBB, too.

There are really no deals to speak of other than conquest cash of $1000 if you own a non GM vehicle... that offer expires july 9. I've never been big on leasing because we keep our vehicles longer than 3-4 yrs... consider your timeframe, and someone else here can help with lease pricing.

I would suggest using gmbuypower.com to find new 07's on the lot in your area, then compare those prices/deals to the used info you have already. I'm guessing you'll find the prices are very close. Do before the 9th and get conquest rebate if you qualify.

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you drive 21K miles per year, you will probably be better off buying. If you are considering leasing, make sure you check the mileage limits/penalties in the contract very closely. Most leases that I have seen allow 10K, 12K, or 15K miles per year, with large penalties for overages.

·
Registered
730 Posts
bhpeters said:
There are really no deals to speak of other than conquest cash of $1000 if you own a non GM vehicle... that offer expires july 9.
I used to have 2 non-GM cars so I qualified for conquest when I got the Acadia. Now, I have a GM and a non-GM car, will I still qualify should I decide to "upgrade" my current Acadia?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I would think so... you just have to own a non GM vehicle, not required to trade it in... BUT having used that offer once before they may not allow a 2nd usage. that's the only reason i know of that might prevent you from using it. they will ask to photocopy the title of that nonGM vehicle. I've never seen any fine print that says "only allowed one usage" but that doesn't mean that rule doesn't exist.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You mention that you don't need the towing package. I would agree that if you don't own a trailer, you don't need it BUT it does give you a bigger radiator (better cooling if you live in a hot climate) and the "tow haul" button which changes the transmission shift points (which might be desirable even if you have only something heavy inside the car). Also, without the tow package there is an issue with the fuse box that makes adding trailer lights later more difficult (some people have paid $200 or so to fix it). And finally, the receiver hitch can do more than pull a trailer- it can also hold a bike rack, cargo platform (to keep dirty stuff outside or luggage on a trip). For me, I wouldn't buy an Acadia without the tow package- you just get too many benefits for so little cost ($500 or so). It may also help resale- if someone wants to buy a truck- they may expect it to do truck like things like towing. Adding the hitch, lights, better cooling system later will certianly cost more than $500 and without the "tow haul" button you'd still be limited to 2000 pounds (vs. 4500 pounds with it).

Just something to consider.

·
Registered
730 Posts
bhpeters said:
I would think so... you just have to own a non GM vehicle, not required to trade it in... BUT having used that offer once before they may not allow a 2nd usage. that's the only reason i know of that might prevent you from using it. they will ask to photocopy the title of that nonGM vehicle. I've never seen any fine print that says "only allowed one usage" but that doesn't mean that rule doesn't exist.
thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts