1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
681 Posts
Do not know who makes those running boards. You could call that Sherrod Vans in Georgia who did the conversion and ask them :thumb: or maybe someone near Carl Black GMC in Georgia could go take a look and ask them - that is where the vehicle is located. Don't think it is Gravana's Acadia.

What is up with the big 26 MPG in the windshield - I have never come close to 26 MPG and I do not think many others have either.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Amazingly enough, that did all that work on an SLE FWD. For the 2007 model, 26 was the rated mpg. Now with the new rules, the 2008 is rated at 24.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sharpboards said:
We are the manufacturer of those running boards. We have two styles to fit the Acadia. They come standard in black - Sherrod painted them to match the vehicle.
how much do they cost?

Stephanie
Sharp Boards
1-877-864-0644

·
Registered
730 Posts
sharpboards said:
We are the manufacturer of those running boards. We have two styles to fit the Acadia. They come standard in black - Sherrod painted them to match the vehicle.

Stephanie
Sharp Boards
1-877-864-0644
Do you have a pic of both styles with the entire vehicle shown?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I'd like to see more pics for your running boards as well. here are a few pics from that original link. Took me a minute to put my finger on what was so different about this Acadia - the rocker panels and bumpers are color matched!

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Stephanie,

After visiting your website, I found pretty much exactly the style of running boards I've been wanting. It's your model number FX73, shown here on a trailblazer:

Is there any way to get these with brackets for the predrilled holes on an Acadia? If so, what is the cost?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The FX73 are specific to the Trailblazer. The boards I posted above are for the Acadia. The cost would be $229.00 plus shipping roughly $30.00 dollars or so.

The Acadia has pre drilled holes. **Some vehicles we have discovered only have 2 holes on each side of the vehicle so you would have to use tek screws for 2 of the brackets but if your vehicle has 4 holes on each side there will be no drilling.

Stephanie
Sharp Boards
877-864-0644

·
Registered
249 Posts
These are very nice, but I think I'd only consider retractable if I was going this route. I like the idea of them ducking out of the way and not fattening up the lines of my car.

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
Stephanie, thanks for the reply. Since Trailblazer sales are down 23% this year and Lambda sales have outpaced them for most of the second half of 2007, it might not be a bad business move to revamp some extra models to fit the Lambdas. I believe the same design could be used for the Acadia and Outlook (the Enclave is different enough to need its own design. most likely).

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I love the painted to match grills and the lower section of the vehicle looks great. not a fan of the wheels painted to match.

admin said:
I'd like to see more pics for your running boards as well. here are a few pics from that original link. Took me a minute to put my finger on what was so different about this Acadia - the rocker panels and bumpers are color matched!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Here are some additional pictures of the running boards courtesy of Stephanie (from sharpboards.com).
They look great! I will place my order pretty soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
249 Posts
bonk1313 said:
I love the painted to match grills and the lower section of the vehicle looks great. not a fan of the wheels painted to match.
I know a titch off topic, but just how durable could that vehicle be, from an appearance perspective? I would suspect painted rocker panels alone would add major headaches down the road, let alone painted surfaces on the wheels themselves.

Now back on topic - I thought for sure I would want to entertain running boards, particularly with a 3 year old getting in and out. But he has no trouble in either case...and seems to really enjoy leaping out. How much weight do these boards add?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Please update us on the install. I'm expecting to receive mine on Monday.
Yes, shipping information from UPS states 40lbs for the package. I'm assuming each running board would be approximately 17lbs.

·
Registered
497 Posts
To my eye, much better looking than the GM parts running boards. All the pictures appear to be installed on SLE models with 18" wheels. Any issues on installing these on SLT with 19" wheels? I suspect not, but curious if there's any difference. Friends of ours have a SLT with 18" wheels and there's at least 1" difference in height of the vehicle--the 19" wheel vehicle is higher.

·
Registered
46 Posts
install went fine, tire size shouldn't matter at all. Only problem is that these seem to be a tight squeeze under the wheel fenders. You may need to use the tek screws that come with them to apply one of the support bars in the middle section of the frame, I didn't since I actually will never step on them, only my 40 lb. kids use it to get in and out.
If I had to order again, I'd probably get the ones made specifiacally for the Acadia, due to the tight fit issue I had. Waiting for a nice day to take pics. Too cold up here in New England.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts