GMC Acadia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a manual and I am wondering what needs to be done at 25,000 miles.
We got the car back in Nov of last year and it has not been serviced yet. I hear
25k is a milestone for some servicing but different dealers are getting me mixed
info.

I trust the info I get here the most. So anything special that needs to be done at
25K other than the std oil change, tire rotation, air filter, etc.

In this and any economy I don't want to pay for something I really don't need.

PD: I got the digital version of the Enclave 2008 manual . Is it the same maintenance schedule
compared to the Acadia 2008?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
I would think it would be the same things as the Enclave; someone here has an 08 manual; if not when my Acadia gets home I will look though the manual; my dealer gave me an 08 manual when I bought my 07 :sosad:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nothing other than Oil change, tire rotation (depending on your last one), and inspect everything else..

Our dealership would do an air filter, and fuel injection cleaning as well.

I personally am going to change the tranny fluid at 30K, but GM doesn't call for it until 50K.

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
Chop-Chop said:
......I am wondering what needs to be done at 25,000 miles.
That's easy, drive it another 25,000 miles!! :thumb:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Perhaps refuel.

·
Registered
533 Posts
And perhaps wash the windshield. Every 25K miles or so.. couldn't be a bad idea. Now I've got my trusty list for 2012 when I get to 25K miles.

Smooth[/color] <><

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
Smooth said:
And perhaps wash the windshield. Every 25K miles or so.. couldn't be a bad idea. Now I've got my trusty list for 2012 when I get to 25K miles.
Just turned 24k, yesterday. Got my Onstar diagnostic report and all is good!! :angel:

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
speleos said:
Just turned 24k, yesterday. Got my Onstar diagnostic report and all is good!! :angel:
Did it tell you that your windshield was clean as well? :p

I have over 53K on my Acadia and have yet to get any special service done to it. Just oil changes and tire rotations regularly.

I remember when I had my Vues, the Saturn dealer was constantly wanting to flush the engine oil or the fuel injectors, etc. That stuff isn't cheap! I'm so glad my GMC dealer doesn't try to push that stuff on my Acadia.

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
Web Raven said:
Did it tell you that your windshield was clean as well? :p

I have over 60K on my Acadia and have yet to get any special service done to it. Just oil changes and tire rotations regularly.

I remember when I had my Vues, the Saturn dealer was constantly wanting to flush the engine oil or the fuel injectors, etc. That stuff isn't cheap! I'm so glad my GMC dealer doesn't try to push that stuff on my Acadia.
It's always good when a dealer service dud tries to 'sell' you to get out the owners manual and ask him to reference what he's saying. Leaves him kinda red-faced to get caught in a rip-off like that!
:soapbox:

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
Trans fluid change probably wise to do every 30K or so despite the manufacturer recommendations. We're all covered for 100K but after that, I can only imagine the cost of rebuilding that thing. ???

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great! Now I know better.

Seems like my dealer offers a Lube, Oil, and Filter with Tire Rotation and 27-point inspection
(only they know that this means) for 29.99 so I think I am covered with that service. I am
assumming the 27-point inspection shuold cover all inspections in the manual for
Maintenance I and Maintenance II and 25000 miles additional inspections.

I was thinking on doing it myself but for that price I rather spend the time detailing my
Acadia. ;D

The only thing I would miss from the manual items would be the "lubricate body components"
item but I'm sure some WD-40 sprayed in the places outlined in footnote f would do.

BTW, I had asked the counter guy about this and he told me that the 25,000 service runs
me at $399. ::)

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
mikemu said:
Trans fluid change probably wise to do every 30K or so despite the manufacturer recommendations. We're all covered for 100K but after that, I can only imagine the cost of rebuilding that thing. ???
You know, there are a lot of folks here who just want to spend a lot of money needlessly. I happen to trust manufacturers' maintenance schedules based on the type of driving I do. It has worked out fine for my years and miles of driving. That equates to about 41 years and millions of miles on- and off-road.

New fluids, new materials, new programming - heck, I'm more than willing to give it all the deserved optimism. So I'm just going to drive and enjoy it. If it breaks, so be it. At least I'll rest assured I was doing the right thing, not spending too much money and not beating the crap out of my investment.

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
and a clean windshield!! :blob:

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
Chop-Chop said:
The only thing I would miss from the manual items would be the "lubricate body components"
item but I'm sure some WD-40 sprayed in the places outlined in footnote f would do.
Try 'Lubriplate' or the like on the body components. WD-40 disappears too quickly and loses effectiveness. For other 'body components' there are great flavored and scented massage oils available for that!!
:wine:

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
From the 07 manual

Additional Required Services
Service and Miles (Kilometers) 25,000

Inspect fuel system for damage or leaks
Inspect exhaust system for loose or
damaged components

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was reading in Car and Driver about Oe recommended maintenance. They said not ONE Manufacture recommends and "Engine Flush" they actually advise against it. SO when the dealer dud tries to sell that to you, run away fast.

·
Super Moderator
21,964 Posts
What the heck is an ENGINE FLUSH?

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
speleos said:
What the heck is an ENGINE FLUSH?
I've heard about this as well. They put some solution in the engine and run it before changing oil. I've heard it's not advisable. What I have heard recommended is putting one quart of ATF in the crankcase to replace one quart oil. The high detergent element of ATF is supposedly good for the engine every now and then.

·
Registered
143 Posts
mikemu said:
I've heard about this as well. They put some solution in the engine and run it before changing oil. I've heard it's not advisable. What I have heard recommended is putting one quart of ATF in the crankcase to replace one quart oil. The high detergent element of ATF is supposedly good for the engine every now and then.
And keeps the seals well lubricated, and soft. So they don't dry out and cause a leak.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
happy29 said:
And keeps the seals well lubricated, and soft. So they don't dry out and cause a leak.
So you've heard this as well? I wonder how often it's advisable. I tried it with my daughter's Mustang which has a slight lifter tap for the first few seconds after a cold start but it didn't seem to affect that issue at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts