GMC Acadia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to get an Acadia and was curious what kind of interest rates people are getting for 72 months. I qualified for 6.5% but when I figured it out over the length of the note, I would be paying $8,000 in interest.. man that hurts.. I have 0% for 60 on my crew cab Silverado I just bought and dread paying that much money on interest. I am thinking about jumping up and getting a Yukon because its 0% for 60 months plus I get 5K off with my GMS discount.

I love the Acadia but the interest rates are not very good, thats for sure..

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yukon wins the upfront costs hands down but...you will need to factor in gas mileage and insurance costs. May make your decision harder.

Check out Edmunds.com or ConsumerReports.com true 5-year cost to own values.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just bought an Acadia this week-end, though I only went 60 months. Live in the Chicagoland area, and got 4.75% for 60 months.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Mine sucks. 7.9% on the Acadia. I came out of a 3.9% on my Vue and prior to that, I had a 1.9% on my first Vue. 7.9 is killing me. :( I live in the Chicago burbs.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Is a home equity loan an option for you?

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Jeff95TA said:
Is a home equity loan an option for you?
I debated that, but my boyfriend talked me out if it. This interest rate is for the next five years. If I refinanced it with a home equity loan, even if the rate was lower, it would span out over more than five years and the interest I'd be paying in the long run would be greater. Or at least I think that's how he explained it.

Either way, I have a small HELOC right now that has a ridiculous interest rate and I think I'm selling this house in the next two or three years. I've kinda settled on the fact that I'm stuck with crazy car payments for a while. It also doesn't help that I was already upside down in my loan the day I bought it because they didn't give me enough to pay off my Vue.

·
Registered
614 Posts
36 months at 4.5% from a credit union of which I wasn't a member before the purchase, only have the loan through them, no checking account. Deposited one years payments into a savings account so they can withdraw monthly payments and I can get a very small amount of interest from what's left in the savings account.

·
Registered
70 Posts
4.49% for 60 months through capital one autofinance. This is why I cannot wait for an '09 after the dealer ordered the wrong color for me, I can only hold the rate for a total of 90 days. I would even consider the joke of a rate GM offers (7.9%) My rate is locked if they go up and I can still shop for better rates while waiting for my vehicle.

·
Registered
284 Posts
No on an Acadia, but after seeing them here and elsewhere, I got my mother set up with Pentagon Federal Credit Union and she just did a 4.99% for 60 months loan on her new Malibu. It was almost always 5.29% before that, and then dropped to 4.99% as a special.

Seems like things have even gotten a bit better since then, based on at least one post here and other lenders. Regardless, she was thrilled, and at the time, the best the dealer was doing was 5.9% through a local bank "for most people we finance".

·
Registered
275 Posts
Holy hell you Americans got hosed.

When I bought last August: 3.9% for 60 months. 4.9% if I had considered 72 as an option.

They're offering 1.9% on '08s for 48 months right now, and 2.9% on 60 months.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just bought a CRV for the wife, Credit Union rate was 5.2% for 60 months.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am just wondering if I shouldn't wait to see what the new April incentives are before I sign the paperwork. I would be sick if there is a special interest rate or more incentive money offered next month and I already signed the paperwork.

I can't imagine the incentives getting worse..

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would wait but I don't think the new spring offers will hit the dealers until around April 5th unless they are doing a large scale ad campaign to coincide with new incentives (doubtful).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Unless I did the math wrong, $2500 now is better than 2.9% 60 months...I think about $200 better...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
who is offering $2500 now? I am getting $1000 bonus cash and financing it outside of GMAC. They are only offering 7.9 for 72 months. 60 months is still 6.9 thru them which is to much..

Cravenfan said:
Unless I did the math wrong, $2500 now is better than 2.9% 60 months...I think about $200 better...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I got 5.5% for 72 months on around 46,000; I was a little upside down on my last car. I plan to refinance this June which would be a year after buying. I should only owe around 15,000 so I’m hoping to get 3.5%.

·
Registered
262 Posts
toasteroven said:
Holy hell you Americans got hosed.

When I bought last August: 3.9% for 60 months. 4.9% if I had considered 72 as an option.

They're offering 1.9% on '08s for 48 months right now, and 2.9% on 60 months.
Yeah, but don't you Canadians pay like $7,000 more for an Acadia than we do, which would negate the $$$ saved in interest payments....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Got GMAC 0% for 5 years when I purchased my 2007 demo Acadia in 11/2007. They had mine and a SLE on the lot at the time. Went back the next day to have my Onstar set up and the SLE was sold by my salesman right after I left. Guess I lucked out. I never heard of an Acadia, but stumbled upon on looking for an Envoy. Glad i got the Acadia!

With gas prices on the higher end, you can always take a gamble and wait for some financing deals when the new ones come out. The dealer I purchased from has like 10 Acadias and Enclaves together currently.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I'm seeing 0% for 60 months for Acadia's.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts